Chapter One

Hester glared out the window of their incredibly large house.

"Knew we shouldn't have given that troll the spell," she muttered to her wife.

Anadil rolled her eyes, having heard this several times in the past few minutes.

"Hes, nothing's even happened yet. You're being over protective."

The demon tattoo twitched on Hester's neck as she glowered out at Hilda and Amber.

"But every time Hilda sees her she just... I recognize that look, Ani."

"From where?" Anadil asked as she helped pack Hilda's suitcase. They were supposed to leave for the School in about a week and Anadil knew better than to let mini Hester pack on her own.

"From how you look at me," Hester said with a smirk.

Anadil rolled her eyes.

"If I remember correctly, you asked me out first," Anadil said.

"Yeah, after you kissed me."

Anadil waved a hand as if to say that particular detail was of no importance.

Hester rolled her eyes.

"Plus, she isn't even here. Why are you all worked up?" Anadil asked.

"Because that's our little girl out there!" Hester snapped, demon glaring at her wife along with her.

"Hester, she's fifteen now. She isn't a baby."

Hester just let out a sigh of frustration.

"That girl's just got too much of her mothers in her."

Anadil chuckled. The same could be said for Amber.

The two girls sat outside, talking a bit excitedly about their classes that were supposed to start next week.

The first was Hilda. She was a bit taller than average (something she'd gotten from Hester) with devious bright red eyes, green streaks in her white hair, and a matching green demon tattoo sat on her neck, its tail trailing along her neck until it ended at her collarbone, and she was ghostly pale, only slightly more tan than an albino. She was a perfect mix of her two mothers (though in appearance she leaned significantly more toward Anadil and in personality she veered more toward Hester).

The second girl was Amber. She had dark black hair and was about average height with dark black eyes. Three white mice scuttled across her tunic, occasionally peeking out and looking around. Though she resembled Hester much more than Anadil, she was always more like her albino mother's personality, just the opposite of her twin sister.

Hester shook her head.

They were growing up so fast...

~

Tedros looked out at his eldest fondly as a sword flashed through the air.

His child was just the swordsman he himself was, taking down guard after guard effortlessly with Excalibur in hand.

Tedros hadn't let Excalibur be touched by anyone but himself and Agatha in years... but he'd decided it was time as school was coming up so soon.

As his eldest disarmed the last guard, they triumphantly threw off their helmet.

Theresa shook out silky blond hair, running a hand through to settle it. Her hair went about to halfway down her cheeks and paired well with her pristine blue eyes. She had tan skin just like her father's and had a surprisingly muscular (and tall, even for a boy) form that made boys from both Schools drool. The only thing that ruined her Princess appearance was the sword and chain mail armor. Though Theresa was more like her father, she had the same capability to defy all expectations of women just as her mother.