Chapter Twenty-Five

Nicola tried not to keep gaping at Sophie, but she was still surprised that she'd known that about spider silk.

Something that she herself hadn't known.

It was... impressive.

Sophie could see the expression on Nicola's face and she tried not to giggle at it.

~

Amber heard something slide under the door and frowned, standing up and picking up the few pieces of paper that were sitting there on the floor.

Dear Amber,

You have been invited to the annual No Ball, hosted on December 28th.

Dates are allowed and encouraged!

The paper was on a small black paper in the shape of a cauldron with the words written with white glitter.

There were matching letters for each of those that shared the room.

Dot was the only other one there and she excitedly picked up the one with her made on it.

"Dates, huh?"

Dot was lost in her own little world of thought while she looked out the window, her gaze landing on the other castle.

~

Theresa heard something slip under the door and her eyes widened.

She picked them up, one for her and one for her mother, and eagerly read it.

Dear Theresa,

You're invited to the annual Snow Ball, hosted on December 27th

Dates are mandatory!

Theresa grinned and in her mind she already imagined the date.

She wondered if she could convince Amber to wear a dress...

She wasn't too worried about the other girl liking her back considering the way she was so awkward whenever they had lunch, but she was slightly worried about getting the girl to admit it.

The papers were in the shapes of snowflakes with the words written in flowing golden script.

She tossed the second one to her mother and Agatha fumbled for a moment before dropping it.

Theresa snickered and Agatha glared at her.

"So... are you planning on asking Amber?"

Theresa smirked and nodded.

"Yeah, at some point at least."

Agatha laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Better do it soon, don't want someone else asking."

Theresa considered for a long moment.

"I'm pretty sure the idea of romance is a negative for her in general, so I'm pretty sure she won't want to go with anyone."

"Then what makes you think she'll go with you?"

Theresa flashed Agatha her best grin with a wink.

"Who can resist this?"

She gestured at herself and Agatha rolled her eyes while Theresa laughed.

Agatha threw a pillow at Theresa and she fell off the bed, spraying out in the floor in a very undignified way.

"Yes... who wouldn't want that?" Agatha said in a monotone voice as she looked at Theresa on the ground.

Theresa laughed and crawled off the ground, flopping back onto her bed.