Chapter Seventeen

Serenity waved her glowing pink finger and a small cloud appeared overhead.

Dede stared at it with awe, clapping her hands.

The cloud started to snow and Dede giggled, sticking her tongue out and catching a snowflake on it.

Serenity smiled, but it faded as Nathan walked up and gave her a wide grin.

Dede glanced at the other Never and Serenity frowned.

The cloud grew a dark gray color as her finger glowed brighter and it started to rain, a small bolt of lightning striking Nathan on the ear.

He yelped and his hand flew to his injured ear.

Dede giggled and grinned at Serenity.

The cloud turned back into a white fluffy one again and snow gently fell.

Axel came up to check on Nathan's ear and gave Serenity a small glare.

Serenity rolled her eyes and glanced back at Dede as she watched the snow fall delicately around her.

Serenity's heart beat a bit faster as Dede's eyes, still filled with an almost child-like wonder, turned on her.

Dede had dark eyes, just like both her mothers, but the light within them didn't portray anything but excitement.

Serenity swallowed and her finger glowed brighter.

Dede didn't seem to notice Serenity's response.

She also didn't notice as Axel gently checked for any other injuries on Nathan.

~

Theresa's finger still glowed its royal gold color and beside it Amber's shown with the orange of the setting sun.

Amber kept glancing between her finger and Theresa's, feeling weird about it.

They were quite similar colors, but then she supposed that there weren't that many colors to pick from, so it wasn't really a surprise.

While Serenity showed off her talents across from them, Theresa was trying her hardest to form something.

Yuba had told them to start with a simple transmogrification or weather spell.

Amber found it hard to concentrate.

Theresa was suddenly grinning and Amber was so distracted by her expression that she didn't notice the small cloud that had formed over her head.

Theresa's grin turned mischievous and suddenly water poured down on Amber.

She gasped and immediately leapt from her spot under the storm cloud.

She glared and her finger glowed as well.

A moment later, a cloud appeared above Theresa as well.

The princess rolled to the side a moment before thunder crackled and rain poured down from above.

Amber growled and her finger followed after the running girl.

Her mice scampered down from her hair and legs, running toward the other girl.

Theresa was still grinning with mischief and enjoyment, even as Amber's mice scampered toward her.

The cloud neared Theresa and she glanced up.

The smile didn't slip one bit, even as it thundered menacingly.

"Theresa!"

The princess glanced over her shoulder and saw her father grinning.