Chapter Fourteen

Amber let out a loud, and embarrassing, shriek as the coffin closed behind her.

She could still feel hands around her waist and she looked down at Theresa.

The princess had wide eyes and stared past her at the closed coffin door.

Theresa's hand moved from Amber and both pushed up, clearly trying to open the coffin.

It didn't work.

Amber stared down at Theresa, wondering how she had ended up beneath her.

She remembered her tilting just as they fell.

To absorb the brunt of the fall.

Her face turned a light pink color.

"Are you okay?" Theresa asked.

Amber didn't answer and instead looked up.

She called out for help and soon saw several students crowding the coffin's door.

Hilda was the first there and she was already raising a tree branch to break the glass coffin.

Just before she was going to swing, there was a magical force that stopped her.

She struggled against it and looked at Yuba.

"Let them learn their lesson," he said with a small sparkle to his eyes.

Hilda growled and went to kick the door, but he glared at her.

"You'll stop this instant or you'll have your own fairytale punishment too."

She froze and stared down at her twin.

Amber was finding it hard to focus.

She was far too close to the annoying princess.

Axel set his hand on the coffin gently and Theresa reached hers up, touching where his lay on the other side of the glass.

Amber made eye contact with her sister and silently pleaded for help.

Hilda shifted and moved her branch just slightly as if considering.

She glanced at the gnome and then at her sister.

"I'll come back for you after class," she said softly.

"Try to learn your lesson quick, okay?"

Amber felt like screaming, but the class was already leaving and it would be no use.

Dede gave her one last backwards glance and a sympathetic look.

Axel looked like he was about to break the coffin open himself, but Theresa shook her head vehemently.

"No, I don't want you gettin into trouble too."

Amber glared down at the princess.

How come she had to be so nice?

Stupid Ever.

She hated her.

Well, hate was a strong word.

Perhaps she didn't hate her, but she strongly disliked her.

There was a long time where they both laid there in silence.

Theresa suddenly offered her best smile.

She shifted and moved Amber onto her side so that she was no longer holding herself up and instead laying down beside her, face to face.

Their noses brushed against each other.

Amber shrieked as she was moved onto her side and tried to slap Theresa, but it didn't seem to have an effect.