Chapter Nine

Theresa followed Tedros into the classroom.

It was wide and had several small fields for duels.

There were a few chairs lining the walls, but most of the room was filled with the dueling fields and small armory stations for students to put their swords.

It smelled like sweat and hard work, but Theresa grinned at the smell.

Nothing could bring her spirit down now that she was finally here.

Everything was perfect in here.

That is until the teacher turned around and frowned and watched her.

"Princess, I believe that this is the wrong classroom. Beautification is in the Purity Tower."

Tedros snorted and before Theresa could speak, he threw an arm around her shoulders like he often would in the present.

"I think she'll fit in better here."

There were several princes watching from around the room, glancing from Theresa to Tedros.

He frowned and raised an eyebrow.

"In that case, why don't you give the class a demonstration?"

He threw his coat off and stepped into a dueling field, holding his sword aloft and staring at her.

She found herself smirking and she drew her sword with her right hand.

"Gladly, Professor," she said with a cocky tone.

He raised an eyebrow at her confidence as she practically strutted into the arena.

She raised her sword and beckoned for him to start.

A clear sign that she was confident of her own abilities.

He bristled at that and came forward with a small glare on his face.

All their classmates surrounded them and watched with wide eyes.

Theresa felt her fear starting to grab hold of her.

What was she doing?!

She was barely allowed to join the class because she was a girl and she was already challenging the teacher to a duel!

There was no way she could win!

That's when her eyes met Tedros'.

He gave her a confident grin looking as if he was completely certain that she would out stage this professor.

That was the same look he always gave her before she fought against a particularly talented knight or guard.

And she always won.

She grinned and looked back at the professor that was stalking toward her with a slight scowl on his face.

He swung his sword almost leisurely as if expecting that she would fold immediately.

She did nothing of the kind.

She actually fell to the ground just underneath the sword and kicked out, sweeping his legs out from under him.

She went to put her sword to his throat, but he rolled and hurried to his feet with slightly wide eyes.

He thrust his sword at her and she parried.

They continued this pattern for a minute until the professor smirked, obviously sure he was going to win.

He stabbed at her and, instead of parrying, she threw her sword in the air.