Chapter Thirty-Five

Axel took a deep breath and allowed himself to be shoved into the Trial by Tale.

Axel took a deep breath and raced into the forest.

He had a plan. He was going on the offensive.

For a moment, Axel wondered how he could track down anyone in the blue forest.

But then he could feel something... rippling out of the forest.

Fear, confusion...

His eyes widened.

He could track them by emotions!

Axel took off toward the emotions, smirking and letting his finger glow.

~

Dede saw a figure burst into the clearing.

A very familiar figure.

Her bunny eyes widened as she watched Nathan panting and looking around with concern.

Dede stopped for a moment and stared at Nathan.

As in the boy that she had a crush on.

But she knew he liked Serenity and she was pretty sure that she liked him too.

And so she decided to try her best to let him go.

And that meant...

She scurried across the ground, hopping until she was right by his foot.

She leapt into the air and scurried into the coat and threw the handkerchief to the ground.

Nathan grasped at the kerchief and tried to get a hold of it as it tumbled to the ground.

Dede snickered and bit his hand to keep him from the handkerchief.

It touched the ground and Nathan disappeared.

Dede fell to the ground and let out a surprised breath.

She shook out her fur and found herself grinning.

She had disqualified Nathan!

~

Milly whistled and her wolfhounds burst into the clearing.

The Never that had tracked her into the clearing took a step back as Goldy growled and sprinted toward him.

The Never took off running, but Goldy tackled him and the Never shrieked.

Milly walked up calmly and sat down beside the Never, looking at her nails and seeing if she'd broke one.

"Help!"

Milly continued to analyze her fingernails.

"Just drop your flag."

The Never's finger glowed brightly.

Milly whistled and Goldy was holding him by the collar of his coat and he was shrieking again.

"Just drop it," she said, still not looking up from her fingernails.

The Never let out another scream as Goldy slammed her paw into his shoulder blade.

The Never finally let go of the handkerchief.

Milly grinned and stood up, making her way back into the blue forest with her two wolfhounds.

~

Hilda could see a Never she didn't remember the name of enter the clearing.

"CRAZY PRINCESS ALMOST BROKE MY ARM!"

Hilda looked up.

"THAT PRINCESS HAD HER WOLFHOUND ALMOST EAT ME!"