Chapter Twelve

Tedros watched as Axel sat down on his bed.

He wondered what was going on in that boy's head and he certainly would wonder again.

Axel was focusing on the emotions coming off of Tedros in waves.

He felt confused, awkward, a bit uncomfortable...

Axel smirked slightly.

This new talent really was helpful.

"So... what's your talent?" Tedros asked, clearly trying to start some kind of conversation with him to dispel the awkward silence in the air.

Axel looked up.

He'd told his sister and was planning to tell all his friends tomorrow at lunch, but he wasn't sure if he should tell Tedros.

A part of him said yes because this was his father, but another said no for precisely the same reason.

The former side won and he told him quietly.

"That's amazing! I've never met someone would can do that! Must make some things awkward, huh? A lot of people must not want to be around someone who can do that kind of thing."

Axel paused.

Theresa had been quite shocked when he had told her and she had given him a long, level look.

Then she'd pulled him into a long, bone-crushing hug while excitedly saying he'd found his talent.

So his sister was okay with it... but what about his friends?

What about Nathan?

They'd always been on the same side, but what if it make him uncomfortable to know Axel could sense what he was feeling (at least to an extent, to feel everything he had to actually physically touch hi ).

"Yes, I suppose people might be uncomfortable."

~

Amber woke up that morning and found herself blushing at something that must have happened in her dream.

She didn't remember exactly.

She could remember... the color yellow? But like, the color you could see someone have for hair.

She also remembered blue.

Pristine, intense blue.

She wished she could remember what it was.

She saw Hilda shifting where she slept and Amber shook her awake.

Hilda growled and shoved her face back in her pillow.

Amber pulled her up by the shoulders and then pointed across the room.

At Hester and Anadil.

The former was holding the latter around the waist and the albino was curled up against her.

Hilda and Amber made eye contact and smirked, both congratulating each other for their successful plans.

~

Anadil woke up to a warm form behind her and a familiar scent.

The smell of cauldrons and old spell books.

She recognized it.

It was the scent of Hester.

It was a familiar, comforting even.

She took a deep breath and enjoyed the smell for a second before realizing what she was doing.

And where she was.