Chapter Eight

The princes and princesses stared with shock at Theresa as the blond princess ran a hand through her hair.

She gave them all a beaming, mischievous grin.

"What are you louts waiting for? These lovely ladies are patiently awaiting their roses and you're just standing there!"

The boys were instantly brought back to reality and threw their roses at the princesses.

Several girls didn't catch the roses as they just stared at the prince they had all been daydreaming about dating that had turned out to be...

A princess.

But there was nobody more shocked than Amber as she looked down at the rose still sitting in her hand peacefully.

It had soared over dozens of princesses just to find its way to her.

It was almost as if she was a magnet and it a piece of metal.

Theresa glanced around and her eyes landed on Amber.

She spotted her rose gripped lightly in her fingers.

She could tell it was hers because she had gotten the one the color of blood while all the boys had gone for the pink ones that would undoubtedly please the princesses in the audience.

Amber glanced up and Theresa gave her a smirk.

Amber's face turned the color of her rose and she looked down, not wanting to meet the princess' gaze for unknown reasons.

"Who's that?" Hester asked as she watched the sword-wielding princess stride down the steps with a confident saunter.

"That's Theresa," Hilda responded.

She glanced at her twin and then at the rose.

She'd never seen Amber look so...

Well, however she looked right now!

~

Serenity and Milly both had healthy piles of flowers in their laps.

Molly found herself not interested in any of the boys that had tossed her their roses.

Serenity was too busy looking for Sophie to care about all the princes that were giving her long looks.

~

Nathan glared at all the boys that were practically leering at Serenity.

He wanted to go over here and strangle them himself.

His eyes suddenly met dark brown ones and he was momentarily distracted.

He had made eye contact with Axel and the two silently communicated just how bored they were with this ceremony.

Axel had been the only prince not to participate in the sword fighting ceremony.

He was still sending glares at his sister as if this was somehow her fault.

Nathan had notice that he often blamed her for anything she did that upstaged him.

It didn't seem healthy, but, to be fair, Nathan had been doing that exact thing with his friends before that eye opening discussion he had with his dad.

He glanced back at Serenity and she wasn't looking anywhere near him.

Like always.

~

Theresa saw many princes staring at her with either anger or admiration.

There were even a few boys that were giving her the same looks they were giving Serenity (in fact, there were more than a few that looked like they might just start drooling. They'd obviously never met a girl that could wield a sword).