Chapter 42

(Comment and vote please, you guys keep me going and keep me motivated! Please keep sharing on twitter and facebook and tumblr and just overall share share share if you enjoy this story! follow me on twitter @musicanchors thanks guys!) (side note: "fireproof" is literally life and the fact that "steal my girl" is coming out in just HOURS is killing me bc that means theyre going to announce an american tour any day now and my pockets are empty bc WWAT, Leighton Meester, The 1975, and Shawn Mendes xD)

Chapter 42 - Zayn

She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. The way her newly-darkened hair is arranged under hair like the rays of a dark sun and the way her long eye-lashes rest on her rosy cheeks. I forgot how crazy I was about this girl. I give her a small kiss on the cheek being careful not to wake her, then put on a pair of gym shorts and walk downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a couple aspirins to help relieve the headache I've had since last night. I feel like the contents of an entire novel were shoved into one day and my brain is still struggling to keep up with how fast things have changed.

Just yesterday I was throwing rocks at Christine's window, then a few hours later I was kicking her out of my house. Just yesterday I was unsure of my future with Perrie, and now I know that Perrie, the baby, and I are never going to be apart again. Just yesterday I was unreasonably worried about Liya, and a few hours later I found my reason to be.

My brain pounds harder when I think about what I saw Liya do yesterday. I knew she wasn't doing too great, but I never could have imagined that she would be involved in selling drugs! As worried as I am about getting Perrie to London to see a doctor and what I'm going to do about Christine, Liya has to be my priority right now. She's in danger. Whoever those drugs belonged to is going to wonder where they went.

"Liya?" I shout as I walk around the house. I go upstairs and knock on her bedroom door, but there's no response. My subconscious tells me I shouldn't, but my hand is already turning the doorknob. I know it's a huge invasion of privacy to go into her bedroom when she's not here but I don't know what else to do. This is the kind of thing a father should do, but I'll have to make do.

I don't have much experience with girls' bedrooms, but I had the mental image of them always being pristine. The scene before my eyes is far from that. There are clothes everywhere and a half-empty carryout container on her nightstand. I chuckle at the amount of posters of Harry she has plastered on the wall, not because she's had a crush on him for years, but because she should know I would never allow that to happen in a million years. Then again the lad she's dating right now isn't much better than Harry and I let this happen because I wasn't there for my family.

I open her closet and see a sole shoebox on the floor. It's light, and when I open it there's nothing but balled up pieces of paper in it, but that's the oldest trick in the book. I turn it upside down and under all the paper there is a tiny bag with a few white pills.

God damn it, Liya.

I guess in the back of my head I held onto hope that Liya was only involved in selling and wasn't actually doing these drugs. I put the box back in its place but take the pills and flush them down the toilet.

I walk back downstairs and as I'm about to sit down I hear a knock on the door. It's probably Harry. Leave it to him to show up at a bad time, then come back at another bad time.

But when I open the door I see that it's not Harry.

"Christine, what are you doing here?" I ask a bit more harshly than I intended. She's wearing all black and has her hair tied in a sloppy ponytail. She's either not wearing any make-up, or she's going for a more natural look, but either way there's no raccoon eyes painted on her face. She looks a bit more Crissy than she ever has.