Chapter 57

(the wait is over! So sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long, but as a token of my appreciation for your patience, DOUBLE UPDATE today! Don't forget to comment and vote and share! xx - F)

Chapter 57 – Christine

Less than five minutes later, Zayn, Liya and I are running out of the lobby. We hail the first cab we can find since Trish stayed back at the apartment with Safaa so she would be needing the family vehicle. Zayn never stays in one place too long, so he never bothered to buy a car, which is why the three of us are cramming ourselves into the back seat of a tiny yellow cab.

“King's College Hospital,” Zayn says as he slams the door shut. His breathing hasn't steadied since he hung up the phone and I'm afraid he's going to start hyperventilating. I put my hand on his to try to calm him down, but he just pulls it away and buries his face in it. His words to the cabby are the first words he's said since he told me Perrie was in an accident. He hasn't told me how bad the accident was, though. I pulled Liya along with us because I know if something bad did happen, Zayn is going to need as much support as he can get.

It seems like a regular occurrence that we have to visit Perrie in the hospital, but my hatred for her always seems to subside when she's in danger. It's like this unspoken competition between the both of us is only on when the both of us can play, but as soon as someone falls down we have to wait to resume the fight. At least that's how I feel, I can't say with confidence that Perrie would be upset if anything bad happened to me.

I have absolutely no clue what Perrie is like in normal circumstances. I'm sure she's lovely to be around, or else Zayn wouldn't be so smitten with her, but I have no idea what goes on in her head. The blood-chilling drive I heard in her voice when I overheard her phone conversation about faking her pregnancy gave me goosebumps; this isn't just a girl with a goal, this is a woman on a mission. There's no doubt that she's madly in love with Zayn, the part I'm worried about is that she's mostly mad than in love.

Last time Harry and I caught her in a lie we thought that Zayn would surely leave her, what we didn't know is that we played right into her trap. We lost our credibility in Zayn's eyes and she ended up appearing like the poor victim of a vicious attack. This time, though, there is irrefutable proof that something phoney is going on: the naked photographs that were leaked weren't taken in a mirror by Perrie herself, they were photographs taken of her by someone else. Not only that, but they were fairly recent by the looks of it; Perrie's hair is a darker shade of blonde than her normal color. By the looks of her unswollen belly, they had to have been taken a few months back. The big question is: who took those pictures?

Zayn explained to me that after talking with Perrie, they had cleared up that her public indiscretion, being photographed kissing Nathan Sykes, had happened over a year ago. Is it possible that they never quite cut things off after all? Perhaps he's the one who took those pictures. Or even worse, what if it's a new man? It would be foolish to assume that whoever took those pictures simply took the pictures and walked out of that hotel room. I'm absolutely sure Perrie cheated on Zayn, and I hope he can finally face the facts.

I'm dying to tell Liya that I finally have some proof about Perrie's dishonest dealings, but being sandwiched in between her and her brother in a cab only meant to carry two passengers leaves me with no way to communicate. I pull my cellphone out and think about typing up a quick message and handing her the phone, but when I unlock my phone, the picture of Perrie nude is plastered on my shattered screen and it won't come off no matter what I do. I try pressing the home button several times, and when that doesn't work I go to shut it off, but before I do, Liya rips the phone from my hands.

“What is this?” Liya whispers, or at least she thinks she does. Any sound above breathing is audible by anyone inside this tiny taxi. What is this, a Fiat? Liya analyzes the picture, her mouth open in shock as the realization dawns on her. She lets out a small gasp which catches Zayn's attention.