Chapter 21

Chapter 21 – Christine

(Thanks so much for your support guys! I'm trying to get back into doing daily updates but I no longer have a computer so it's really hard /: You guys keep me motivated though and I love hearing from you guys so please drop a comment with your opinion or if you just want to say hi! Also please vote, the more you vote the more likely it is for people to read my story!! xx -F)

I woke up in the morning to the pounding on my door. As soon as I opened my eyes I started to feel the pounding in my head. Hangovers are lovely.

“Christine, wake up,” my mother screamed from the other side of the door. Last night I had enough reason to lock the door behind me, otherwise she would be inside tugging at my duvet trying to get me out of bed. If she had she would see that I am still wearing last night’s clothes and I had mascara tracks running down my face. I thank drunk Christine for not being too drunk to lock the door. I would never hear the end of it from my mother.

“Yeah, alright, mother. I’m up,” I lie from the wrong end of my bed. I look up to see my feet propped up on my pillows. I’m still wearing my heels and I know as soon as I take them off my feet are going to hurt more than they already do. What the hell happened last night?

“I’m going to work. I left money on the counter for you to order Chinese,” she says and I hear her heels click-clack all the way down the staircase. Chinese for breakfast? I look up at my alarm clock: 1:34 PM.

“Damn it,” I say out loud as I try to sit up in bed. The sun is shining through my open window and it’s clearly an hour into the afternoon already and not even the bright rays of light could wake me. I must have gotten completely off my face last night. I can’t even remember how I got home. At least I woke up in my own home this time.

 I remember I went to a party with Poppy last night. There was a cute Irish guy that stuck his tongue down my throat. I remember going to his car but that’s where my memories start to blur. I can see clips of things that happened but none of them make sense because I don’t know the context. I remember screaming and pushing someone off me. I have a foggy vision of Zayn being there but it can’t be true, it must just be my subconscious pushing him into all of my memories because having him live next door to me just isn’t painful enough as is. Trying to trigger last night’s memories only makes me more aware of the pounding in my head so I decided to push it to the back of my mind.

I walked downstairs after taking my heels off and made my way to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water. That was when I saw Liya standing outside of the glass doors that lead into our back garden.

“Are you going to let me in?” she asked, her expression lifeless.

I unlocked the door and let her in. She must have squeezed through the two missing planks in the wood fence.

“Are you alright, love?” I ask not really caring. I’m trying to find aspirin in our medicine drawer and that’s a task in itself.

“You look awful. Did you hang out with Poppy again?” I hear her ask. I’m not looking at her face but I can tell she is frowning. She doesn’t exactly approve of Poppy’s activities and my involvement in them.

“Yeah, I needed to not think about…I needed to just not think,” I say with my back still turned to her. I don’t have the energy to say his name. I twist open the cap of the aspirin bottle and throw a couple of them into my mouth.

“So you decided to sleep with some guy in his car?” she asked poignantly, raising an eyebrow at me. I nearly choked on the water I was using to chase the pills.

“I what?” I ask still in shock. It doesn’t sound like something I haven’t done before, but hearing that Liya knew about it really worried me. She was like a sister to me and I didn’t want her to do.

“You got into a car with a guy, and he tried to take advantage of you, Christine!” she screamed at me, her eyes starting to well up with tears.

Images of the cute Irish guy begin to play in front of my eyes. Then I realize that the guy that I was trying to push off me earlier. My head starts to spin as more memories begin to become clearer. I remember being in his car and regretting getting in it, I remember him not taking no for an answer, I remember kicking him in the groin and running out. But then it goes completely black. Not even a blur of a memory.

My eyes start to well up with tears. Was I raped?

 “What happened to me?” I say as tears run down face. I knew that my actions were self-destructive but I had always known how to keep myself safe. This morning I woke up without half my memories and I don’t even know how I got home, not to mention the Irishman might have had his way with me.

“You’re lucky Zayn was there,” Liya said.

What the hell happened last night?