Chapter 3

After talking to Alex for three hours in the lobby I made sure Sunny got to Sky safely before making my way to the backstage area. It took me a little while to find it. Once I saw the door I got nervous walking up to the big security guard.

"Name?" he asked and I squared up to him to make myself seem more confident.

"Rain Porter. I have a pass" I answered as I showed him my pass. He opened the door for me and I walked in. I crossed my arms nervously over my exposed stomach and walked down the bland halls. I followed the signs that pointed to a green room. Maybe he would be in there.

"What are you doing back here?" a guy asked as he walked over to me. I bit my lip and showed him my pass. He was wearing jeans, a white shirt, and a watch. His shoes were converse and he had short hair.

"I got it at the meet and greet" I answered and he nodded.

"I'm Andrew, Shawn's manager. He's this way" he stated as he started to lead me down another hallway.

"What's your name Miss?" Andrew wondered and I sighed.

"Rain" I responded and he nodded. I let my arms fall to my sides as we continued to walk down the hallway. Then I realized he was leading me to a green room. What the hell is a green room? Is it just a room that's green or what?

"Shawn, there's someone here" Andrew said as he opened the door. I wasn't greeted by a room full of green. It was concrete and it had food in it. Oh hell yes, I'm starving. I looked up and was greeted by the same man my sister was swooning over. He was a little taller than me.

"Thanks Andrew" Shawn thanked and then Andrew left. The silence was uncomfortable as I stepped into the room more. Shawn got up and closed the door, I felt his gaze fall on me.

"What was your name again?" he asked and I sighed.

"Rain Porter, what the hell do you want?" I answered and he chuckled.

"For starters you're really cute and by the looks of it you're eighteen and not a fan" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"What? Now you're screwing girls for the fun of it?" I wondered and he glared at me.

"I don't screw girls for fun, not fans or anyone. But correct me if I'm wrong, you're single and starving for your claim to fame" he stated and I looked at him in the eyes.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Your little sister is quite the writer. God, I have embarrassing stories of you" he answered and I chuckled.

"Did she give you the wrong diary?" I wondered and he smirked.

"No, she did say we would be a cute couple" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"The answer is no, I don't associate with snobby Canadian celebrity fuckboys" I spat and he sighed.

"My managment team says I need a girlfriend to help get my name in the media more, they said I need more fans. But they also said she shouldn't be a fan and she should be pretty, not to mention we should have some backstory" he responded and I cocked an eyebrow.

"And?" I wondered and he smirked.

"You're 18, single, and not going anywhere with your life. Let's fake date, that way we're both happy" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"What's in it for me?" I asked and he picked up my sister's journal.

"Your claim to fame, maybe I'll even help you jumpstart your modeling career Ms. Porter" he answered and I bit my lip. My brothers words echoed in my head, then I thought about Sunny and how happy she would be.

"Before you make a decision we should lay down some ground rules" he suggested and I grabbed an Oreo from the food table.

"First off, if I agree I'm not a piece of your property. I'm my own person" I stated and then I put the Oreo in my mouth.

"Fine then no one but me, you, and my management team know's that we're fake dating" Shawn responded as I sat down in one of the chairs. Then I noticed he was writing on a piece of paper. He was writing down our rules.

"We end this when you get enough buzz and when I get my end of the deal" I said and he nodded in agreement.

"I want-

"My turn princess" Shawn interrupted and I groaned.

"At the start of the next leg of tour you're with me on tour. That includes acting together on the tour bus and sleeping in the same bed" he added and I grunted.

"Ew" I mummbled and he looked up at me with a smirk.

"Modeling career or not" he reminded and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but when we are apart I get cute texts from you and you have to visit" I stated and he smirked.

"Why, are you falling for me already?" he asked and it was my turn to smirk.

"It's for my sister dumbass. Anyways, that leads to our last little rule. No falling in love, this isn't some Wattpad fan fiction" I answered and he smiled.

"Fine by me, let's get Andrew in here to finalize all of this" Shawn responded and I cocked an eyebrow.

"How did you know that I'm in for the long haul?" I asked and he smiled.

"Because someone like you would do anything to get what they want" he answered and I put my hands up in defense.

"You got me there Mendes" I said as he got on his phone. Within a minute or two Andrew walked in with a pen and some papers.

"So, are you guys ready to be an offically fake couple?" Andrew asked as Shawn signed the papers.

"As ready as I'll ever be to date a celebrity Canadian snob" I answered as Shawn handed me the pen. I signed the papers and Andrew smiled.

"Welcome to the team Ms. Porter. I'll let you two say your goodbyes" Andrew said and then he left the room.

"You're not allowed to say stuff like that to me anymore" Shawn stated as he handed me his phone. I put my number in and then he put his number into my phone.

"So, when do we get this show on the road?" I asked and Shawn sighed.

"Well we can take a photo of us together tonight, I'll post it tomorrow morning. That way my fans won't track you down and kill you, babe" he answered and I narrowed my eyes at him. He called me babe just to get on my nerves.

"Fine" I said.