Chapter 8

"Here let me help you with everything" Sunny offered as she walked in. I looked at my dress choices. Andrew said to dress nice but not to nice. So, I decided to go with the floral dress with some black converse.

"I think I'm good" I responded as I started putting the other dresses away.

"But I know Shawn better than you do," she said and I shook my head.

"I still don't want your help! I said no Sunny and that's my final answer. Just because I'm dating your idol doesn't mean you have to know every single detail about our relationship. Stay out of it!" I snapped as I pushed her out of my room. I slammed the door and sighed. I got dressed and then put my converse on. Then I went to the bathroom and started curling my hair. I didn't curl it too much because I didn't want to look too fancy. I put some mascara on and a bracelet on. It was the one Sunny got for me at the concert but I did put a rose gold ring on. I heard the knock on the door and quickly finished putting on my light pink lipstick, it looked natural enough.

"Shawn is here" Sunny informed as she walked in. I nodded and started putting my things away. She stopped me and handed me a small bag and I put my phone in it. I put it on my shoulder and hugged my little sister.

"I love you" I muttered and she tightened her grip around me.

"Love you too Rain, have fun" she responded and I smiled. Sunny went downstairs to probably annoy Shawn or something.

"Oh my god Shawn, she's stunning. You're going to die" Sunny said and I groaned.

"Shut up Sunny! I'm not coming down now!" I yelled from the bathroom. I started putting my things away and then sighed. I quickly went over a mental checklist before taking a deep breath and going downstairs. 

Shawn, my parents, and Sky were looking at me in complete shock. I crossed my arms over my chest uncomfortably, I hate it when I look this nice and people stare at me. That's how you know I don't dress up often. 

"Wow, you look amazing" Shawn complimented and I smiled at him. I knew this was an act but I decided to play into it since that's what I had to do.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself" I responded. He was wearing jeans, converse, a white shirt, with a grey blazer, he had a watch on as well. It was quiet for a little while before my parents said they wanted photos. It was like prom all over again, I was with a guy I didn't like, my parents didn't approve, and I had no idea what tonight had in store. While my parents were taking photos I kissed Shawn. It's something to post for later.

Shawn drove us to a small park. I saw a couple of guys in all black around the area. Of course, security. We both got out and walked into the park. Neither of us knew if we should fake it or not. But, this is a date. I lightly bumped my arm into his and he grabbed my hand. I smirked and kissed his cheek.

"Andrew said the date was set up over here somewhere" Shawn stated and I nodded. We walked around before seeing a gazebo, a waiter was there. Of course, Andrew had to make sure we were taking this seriously instead of tearing each other apart. 

"Welcome, take your seats" the waiter greeted. Shawn pulled out a chair for me and I sat down in it. He pushed me in and I rolled my eyes. I looked around the place and observed it's true beauty. The greenery was lit up with fairy lights and there was a candle at the middle of the table. The candle was accompanied by a small bouquet of flowers. I smiled as the waiter came over. He gave us both water and said our appetizers would be here soon. I sighed and looked at Shawn.

"So, Andrew must've wanted to make sure we weren't going to fight by picking our food for us," Shawn said once the waiter got out of earshot. I shrugged.