Chapter 15

I was doing my makeup in the bathroom when Shawn walked in. He had his phone in his hand and he was smiling from ear to ear. I furrowed my eyebrows and he showed me what was on his phone.

"The photos are out" he stated and I dropped my mascara and grabbed his phone. He quickly picked it up while I looked through the photos.

"I'm so hot" I muttered as I swiped through the photos. The ones of us slow dancing were my favorites since you couldn't see my stretch marks. I handed Shawn's phone back to him and continued to do my makeup.

"So, I guess that means these long three months with each other have officially come to an end" Shawn muttered and I looked at us in the mirror before putting my mascara down.

"Yeah, it's been a great run Mendes" I agreed as Andrew walked into the bedroom looking for us.

"You too Porter" Shawn responded as Andrew walked in.

"Shawn, you ready to go?" Andrew asked and Shawn nodded. I smiled at Andrew and he smiled at me.

"See you around Rain, don't miss your flight. If you need anything just call" Andrew answered and I nodded. My eyes watered and he hugged me. It has been a long three months but it's been good.

"It's been a hell of a three months" Andrew muttered and I nodded. I hugged Shawn again and then they left. My phone rang and I saw that Shawn had posted a tweet.

@ShawnMendes: Rain and I called it quits guys, things weren't working out. Sorry to bring this news to you all, it hurts me more than it hurts you. X

I retweeted the tweet and then looked at my reflection in the mirror. My reflection got blurry and I bit my lip. I shook my head and leaned against the wall. 'He's just a snobby Canadian celebrity and this isn't a fan fiction' I repeated in my head over and over again. I don't like him, I'm just going to miss everything that we've been through. The food, the laughs, the rule-breaking, the many times Andrew yelled at us, and the many times we argued. 

"Don't cry, it's just been a long and memorable three months. That's it" I whispered and I faked a smile. Some of my tears went away and I finished getting ready. I walked into the room expecting Shawn to be in there to call me 'Rainy' or 'Porter' but I was wrong. I packed up my things and did a once over of the room. 

Before I left I saw a note on the bedside table. It had the fake engagement ring by it. I looked at the note and smiled.

'Keep it, after all I gave it too you, See you around Porter

-From Mendes'

I smiled and folded up the note and put it in my bag. I put the ring on my middle finger with my arrow ring and then sighed. I put my shoes on and looked back at the room.

"It's been a good three months Mendes, a good three months. Thank you for everything" I thanked even though he wasn't in there. I just needed to get that out, especially after he saved me from getting raped last night. 

^^^^

I sat down on the airplane and put my earbuds in. I closed the window shade and leaned my head against the wall. I went to my music and clicked play. The first song was Sweet but Pshyco by Ava Max. I closed my eyes in relief. 

"But Shawn, it's too far" I complained and he chuckled.

"The TV remote is literally two feet away from you" Shawn responded and I groaned.

"It's still to far" I responded as I store at the remote hoping it would float over to me. I was wrong, it didn't move an inch. Shawn laughed and then handed me the remote. I smirked and winked at him.

"Just watch TV" Shawn said as I turned it on. I flicked through the channels for a little while and then groaned. Shawn looked at me confused and I looked back at him.

"There's nothing to watch" I muttered and he shook his head.

"That's unfortunate" Shawn said as he wrote something down on a notebook.

"What are you writing?" I asked and he smiled.

"A song" he answered and I nodded. I turned the TV off and got on my phone. I texted Sky for a couple minutes but then decided to ask Shawn my burning question.

"What is it about?" I asked and he smirked.

"I thought you hated my music Rain" he answered and I shrugged.

"Things change" I muttered and he sighed. He picked up his pen and notebook and sat down next to me. He started to work on the lyrics more while I read what he had down so far.

'I can't write one song that's not about you

Can't drink without thinking about you

Is it too late to tell you that

Everything means nothing if I can't have you?

I can't write one song that's not about you

Can't drink without thinking about you

Is it too late to tell you that

Everything means nothing if I can't have you?'

I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. I liked it a lot so far. Shawn leaned his head on mine and started humming, the tune was unfamiliar. I decided not to ask what the song was about and let him work out his thought.

"Do you like it?" he asked and I shrugged.

"Yeah, it makes it seem like your lovesick or lovestruck. I don't know how to explain it" I answered and he smiled. His cheeks had a hint of pink in them.

"I'm glad you like it" he responded and then it got quiet. He continued to hum and write lyrics and then he went to the top of the page and wrote a sentance 'If I Can't Have You'. That must be the title, I hope Shawn didn't mind me reading his lyrics for a song he might make. I watched him scratch out a couple lines and then rewrite them. Everytime he knew he was going to keep something he wrote a checkmark and would hum a victorious tone. I bet he didn't realize he was doing that.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" a flight attendant asked and I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"The flight is over" she added and I nodded.

"Thank you" I thanked as I paused No One Compares To You by Jack and Jack. I smiled at her and then got off the plane.