Chapter 1

Time flies and with time people heal. The wounds that they once thought were irrecoverable soon fades away. And now in its place are just some light scares which have their own story to tell. A story that you don't enjoy but also have no reason to regret as it taught you something which added a little more to the person you are today.

3 Years back

"Mia, baby come down, your friends are waiting in the lobby", screamed my mother from downstairs.

I took one more glance in the mirror to notice my perfectly curled blonde hair reaching till my waistline. I was wearing a red off shoulder dress with minimal makeup and a dark red lipstick.

I put on my black pumps and praised myself for a good second for the beauty I was.

Without wasting a single minute, I reached for my phone and took a nice picture of myself and forwarded it to my boyfriend James.

James and I were dating past 2 years and I was happy with him. I met him in high school and soon we discovered that we both liked each other and wanted to give 'US' a try.

From attending birthday parties to having fun in vacations, my day was pretty much in the name of James and me. We usually hung around at his place as his parents were mostly out of town.

Mr. and Mrs. Miller were entrepreneurs and constantly had to attend meetings in different parts of the world in order to expand their business.

I left him a quick message saying that I was leaving for the party and was also sad that he couldn't attend it as he had to be with his younger brother William who was ill.

Soon I ran out of my room reaching for the sapphire coloured stairs. On reaching down, I was being glared by my friends who had been waiting for me, for like what they said a twenty minutes.

"You look amazing, Mia", said my bestfriend Emily. We were bestfriends from the time when we were just kids. I blushed and took a second to admire the way she was dressed.

Emily was always more of a party type person and I couldn't help but just look in awe at my bestfriend.

She was wearing a black tube dress with white shoes and had her perfect black hair straightened up into a pony tail reaching her shoulders.

I hugged her and replied a thankyou with a kiss on her cheek. I greeted all my other friends and we started walking towards the door.

I quickly waved to my mom and said that I would be spending the night at Emily's place.

We walked out of the bungalow and headed straight towards my black limo to get at the pub we had decided in order to celebrate Noah's birthday. Noah was a dear friend of mine and we first met when we were in middle school.

My friend Isabella soon confessed that she was crushing hard on him and after some time she was shocked and delighted to know that the feelings were mutual. And then even they started dating.

We listened to some songs in the limo and served us with some soda when I was pulled out of my thoughts by Emily.

"There is this guy named Liam from St. Peter's who is joining us tonight and he is a good friend of Noah. I even heard from Isabella that he is new in town and doesn't know a lot of people so please be nice with him."

I just shrugged it off and thought that tonight will be some fun. Actually the warning by Emily was because I am too hard on people when I first meet them.

It's like I interrogate them like an inspector till the time they get nervous and I am forced by someone to just shake it off.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hie guys! So I have posted the very first chapter of "Not 'JUST' friends". I am pretty excited to know whether you'll like it or not. I am open to all sorts of questions. Do vote and leave a comment if you like my story. I'll be posting the next chapter on Monday. Till then keep reading and spreading love!! Byee❤