Chapter 17

I stared at the floor while fidgeting with my fingers when suddenly she bursted out.

"Are you out of your senses Mia? What were you even thinking of doing? Do you realize that if James would have seen that what could have happened? Don't forget that you are dating him Mia, and you love him."

As soon as she was completed with her rant, I let out a breath before explaining her the entire situation.

After analyzing what had actually happened she was disappointed with herself and I could see that on her face.

I got up from where I was seated, and without wasting a minute I hugged her tight.

"It's okay Lily. Don't feel sorry. I know you are worried about me", was all I said.

Afterwards even she left me in the room to join the others on the couches in the hallway.

I went into the balcony. I missed my dad. I don't know why but I so wanted to hug him.

Whenever I was stuck somewhere in life I would always feel the absence of my dad to a point where it made me cry even after so many years.

I stood there for about 20 minutes when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly snapped back and found that it was none other than Liam.

I was so frightened that I just hugged him. And to my surprise he hugged me back even tighter.

I just felt safe in his arms. I know it's bad of me to even think about this but it is the truth.

I even felt him kissing on the top of my head. I really melted in his arms there and there.

He then whispered, "It's okay beautiful. It's just me. I am there trust me. You can open your eyes."

His words shook me back to reality. I quickly pulled over and adjusted a stray hair behind my ear.

He was staring at me as if he saw something which was difficult to believe. Before I could even realise, he pulled me into a hug again.

I couldn't understand what was happening until he finally answered, "Stay please. I like it this way with you in my arms."

I wanted to ask him what he meant but I was too afraid that I would spoil that beautiful moment by my 'not so comforting' words.

He then pulled over and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. I had so many questions which I wanted him to answer.

When he has a thing with Sophia then why the hell is he getting close to me? Does he think that he can fool me by his sugar coated words?

But then again I told him that I would love to go for a walk. I was actually angry with myself. Instead of knowing that everything that I was getting myself into was wrong, I still wanted to do it.

It was already 8 by the time we left for a walk. It was freaking cold. I was walking with my hands shoved into my wollen jacket.

The wind made my hair run in all directions. My cheeks had turned red due to the extreme cold.

We were silently walking until I decided to break the silence. "So how's Sophia?", I asked with a smirk on my face.

I could see him blush before he answered, "She is too good, Mia. I am happy that I met her. It has become easy for me to survive here away from my family and friends."

I just stared at him as he said all those things about her. I was actually pissed off at that moment.

And a little jealous maybe. But I decided to shake it off. He then asked me, "What do you think about her?"

I thought for a moment as to what should I say. I then answered, "She is good."

He looked at me as if I said something wrong and I could see a smile plastered on his face.

At this point we were standing on a cliff which was just a 20 minutes walk from James's place. He took my fingers in his hand and pulled me closer to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Enjoy your weekly update. Also, there are many romantic scenes between Liam and Mia lined up in the coming chapters. So stick tight to this ride of happiness and sadness,  excitment and disappointment. My next update will be as usual on Friday. Till then keep reading! Bubye💕