Chapter 42

After 4 years:

It has been a year since we all returned from our colleges. Time flew quickly for us.

Sometimes Liam flew to Boston to pay a visit to me while I also might have been to London twice in three years to meet him. Apart from that we celebrated festivals together as we had vacations during festivals.

I finally have a major in journalism and right now I am working on a topic to write on. Writing a novel won't be easy till the time I don't have a strong foundation and to be honest I can't find something that roots my interest.

Liam has drastically improved with his singing skills. He held too many concerts back in London with some band he was practicing with.

He is soon going to release his own album. All my other friends are happy with whatever they turned into the past 3 years.

We had a small get together the day everyone was back in Manhattan and we couldn't be happier to be back together as a group. In these 4 years alot has changed.

Isabella and Noah got engaged during the second year of college in Maldives which I unfortunately couldn't attend as I was down with flu. Emily broke up with Oliver as he was thinking of permanently settling into India and she wasn't fine with it.

I must say she is having a tough time since then. She has turned into this thin, shy girl who is afraid of loving someone again.

She was on drugs for almost six months but luckily her mom found this out and sent her to a rehab center. We met her when we all returned and it was surprising for us to hear all this.

We have never left her side since then but at times all she wants is to be left alone. Benjamin is all crazy behind some African girl whom he met in college and cannot stop speaking about her tanned body and dark brown curls.

These boys and their obsession with tanned skin! Lily's grandmother passed away as soon as we came from college and she has been dormant since then.

She was the most attached to her than all her other family members and dealing with her absence was a big challenge for Lily. Speaking about Liam, he has changed alot.

Things seemed all fine before but the last six months makes me wonder if he still wants us to get married. He seems uninterested these days.

It feels as if he is ignoring me. Lately, he isn't answering my calls but just leaves a text in it's place stating that he is busy.

It gets me into some serious thinking at times but I just shake it off because to be honest it scares me to even think that he doesn't want 'US' anymore. I feel he is just a bit pressurised about his album that he wishes to release just after our marriage.

I have to deal with it no matter what. In the end it's Liam.

It is our 4 year engagement anniversary today. Mom surprised us by gifting us a luxury dinner at one of the most sophisticated hotels of Manhattan.

I was excited to spend some time with him after so long. I dressed myself in a black skin fit shimmer dress and complemented the look with black pencil point heels.

I arranged my long brown curls into a half pony tail and it just made me look a whole lot prettier. I heard the horn honk twice and this was an indicator that Liam was here.

I looked at myself for one last time in the mirror. Then grabbing my purse I hurried downstairs.

Liam was wearing a tuxedo and I couldn't stop myself from eyeing him. I pushed myself in his arms and placed a kiss on his lips.