Deserve

Regina laid on the ground. It was cool and damp with her blood. She winced and opened her eyes. Her whole body hurt. That man was relentless. He didn't stop until he was sure she could barely move.
    Regina didn't know who she could go too. She wasn't a good person. No one would want to help her. She pulled herself up and cried out. Her body protested as she pulled herself to her feet. Her ribs had to be broken. As well as a few other bones. Blood seeped from her stomach as she forced herself to walk forward. She walked down the sidewalk. Her clothes were torn and soaked in blood. She felt weak as she walked to the only house she could think of. The whole town had to be there. Cars lined the walkway. She knocked and swayed in her feet.
     The hero opened the door. Her eyes wide and shocked. "Regina-"
     Regina looked at her. Pain like a cloak over her body. "I didn't know where else to go." She said softly and collapsed in the hero's arms.
     The others behind Emma mumbled.
    Emma pulled Regina easily into her arms. "Who did this to you?" She asked.
    "Why are you helping the villain? She looks like she got what she deserved!" A man yelled.
    Emma looked at the group of people in her house. "Please leave. All of you. I have to sort this out. As a hero I have to help anyone. No matter what they've done."
    They all mumbled but did as she asked. Three people stayed behind. Emma's mother Mary Margaret, her father David and her son Henry.
    Emma walked Regina to the couch and set her down. The white couch soaked with her blood almost instantly. Regina forced her eyes open.
    "Regina who did this to you?" Emma asked her again.
    Regina looked at her through weak eyes. "It doesn't matter." She said weakly. "I deserved it."
     Emma looked at the battered villain in front of her. "No one deserved this Regina. Were you-"
     "Assaulted?" Regina cur her off. She nodded. "Yes." She mumbled. 
    Mary Margaret handed Emma a damp towel.
    Emma began to wipe away the blood that soaked Regina's skin. "Who did it Regina?"
     Regina's stomach was killing her. "Your couch is ruined."
     "Stop being the villain you are. Don't avoid my question. Regina I need to know who did this to you. They could try to hurt someone else." Emma said.
    Regina dropped her eyes. "They won't." She said. Tears filled her eyes.

      Flashback:
    He dropped down next to her. "You'll never hurt anyone again." He snapped and watched the blood drip down her face.
    Regina heard his footsteps walk away. Blood mixed with tears.

     Emma looked at Regina. She had never seen her so broken. "Regina you can't be sure of that."
    Regina let out a shaky sob.
     "Mom should you be helping her?" Henry asked.
    Emma nodded. "I help everyone. No matter what they've done." She said. She wiped Regina's face from the blood. Cuts and bruises adorned her face. "Do you want to go to the hospital Regina?"
     Regina shook her head. "No." She whispered. "No one would help."
     "Will you allow me to help you baths I we can get you fully cleaned off?" Emma asked.
     Regina let out a breath and nodded. "You'll have to help me walk." She said. David watched Emma lift Regina into her arms.
Emma effortlessly walked Reginas upstairs and locked the bathroom door behind them. The mutters from the town members echoed in her head as she helped Regina get cleaned up. She looked at the bruises that covered Regina's entire body. The blood turned the water near red, she had lost so much.
Regina didn't show eye contact with Emma.
Emma finished cleaning her and drained the water. There was a red rim from the blood in the water.
Emma wrapped a towel around Regina's body and helped her stand. She helped her dry off and walked her to her own room. She helped Regina's change into a new outfit. Something lose so it didn't cause her pain.
Emma looked at her. "I don't care what you've done Regina. No one deserves this." Emma said.
Regina looked down. "I did." She said softly. Her voice cracked.
Emma watched the strong villain begin to fall apart. Emma shook her head. "No you didn't."