Tired

Emma looked st the villain that laid in the bed beside her. She was sleeping.
Oddly enough Emma felt tears fall down her cheek. She lifted her hand and wiped the tears away. Even if the they fought, Emma realized that she had grown feelings for this women. She cared about her.
Regina moves slightly and opened her eyes. "You stayed."
Emma nodded and touched her bruised hand. "You lost a lot of blood." She said softly. "But the doctor said you'd make it."
Regina looked at the ceiling. "Great." She mumbled softly.
Emma understood. "You didn't want to make it did you?"
Regina hesitated and shook her head. "No. I didn't." She said softly and looked at Emma. Tears in her eyes.
    Emma's thumb moved gently over Regina's hand. "I for one am glad you made it through." Emma said.
    Regina turned away. "Even you would be glad if I left. You wouldn't have to worry about me trying to hurt you."
     Emma shook her head. "No. I would never want you dead Regina. You're more important then you think."
    Regina let out a sad laugh. "I'm not important."
    Emma frowned and looked at her. "Regina. I know you don't believe it but I do care about you."
     "Why?" She snapped. "Why do you care?"
     "I don't know! Okay? I don't know but I know I care about you." Emma said. "I also know I've never met a person as strong as you."
     Regina looked at Emma. "I'm sorry?"
    Emma stood up. "You're very strong Regina. I don't know how you've made it this far with the hatefulness of the people around you." 
     Regina sat up and winced. "Ouch." She mumbled and looked at Emma. "I'm not strong. I deal with it because I deserve it. I don't even remember why I started trying to fight you."
     Emma crossed her arms and furrowed her brows. "I don't remember. Regina others may think you're bad but you're definitely not. You're a good person Regina. Under all that evil you try to show. You're a great person."
    Regina heard the door open. A nurse walked in.
   She dropped her gaze. "You shouldn't be sitting up. You have quite some injury." She said. She was nicer.
   Regina covered her mouth. "Zelena." She whispered.
   "Hello sis." The redhead nurse said and looked at her chart.
     Emma walked over to Zelena. "You're her sister?"
   Zelena nodded. "The one and only."
     Regina looked at her sister. "I haven't seen you since I was twelve." She said softly. "You look so grown."
    Zelena smiled. "I would hope so. I am five years older than you."
    Regina was 28 years old. Emma was 23. Zelena was 33.
     Regina shook her head. "Why so long?"
     "I had to make a living Regina. Not everyone can be a feared villain like you." She said and adjusted Regina's IV.
     Regina pulled the IV out. "I want to go home." She said sharply.
     Blood dropped down her arm from the force of pulling the IV out.
     Zelena shook her head. "I don't advise it Regina. You almost died and-"
    "I don't care!" She snapped and covered her face with shaky hands. "I want to go home."
    Emma touched Regina's shoulder. "Regina you need help." She said softly.
    "Emma now is not a good time to be touching me." Regina snapped and pushed Emma's hand off of her shoulder roughly.
     Emma dropped her arm to her side. "Is it safe to bring her home?" Emma asked Zelena.
     Zelena nodded. "Yes. If you keep a close eye on her and make sure that she doesn't pull it her stitches. She should be good to go home."
Regina stood up quickly but instantly leaned against the bed. Her eyes shut in pain.
Emma walked over and let her lean against her. "Thank you." Emma said and helped Regina out. She signed Regina out and they began their journey to Emma's home. Emma insisted Regina stay with her. It was safe and she could heal.
Regina was reluctant but in far too much pain to fight back this time. Emma looked the door behind them and helped Regina to the couch. Emma laid her back. "Rest. You look tired."
Regina nodded. Tired. Tired of herself and her life that she had created for herself.