Chapter 2 - Restricted

H I C C U P

As I sat on the cliff of the island, I thought about Monica. She had to leave because my father thought I was a bad example for her, and that I was the reason she tamed a Night Fury.

Unfortunately, she didn't take Spitfire with her because she knew that it would better for Toothless if she stayed.

Her mother came back the next day after my accident to pick her up. I walked her down to the docks and her mother frowned at me as Monica stepped on the boat.

Now I can't see her anymore.

Then I heard Stormfly land.

Astrid jumped off and walked towards me.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"Winning Dragon Races. Where have you been?" She asked.

"Practicing solo gliding with Toothless. He still needs some work." I said as I stood up and kissed Astrid on the cheek.

"Oh c'mon. That's not the reason you're here." She said as she sat down on the cliff.

"Actually" -I sat down next to her- "I'm here because I wanted to remember the day when I found Monica on this island." I said as I turned to her.

She sighed in disappointment.

"Hiccup, you need to let her go. She's probably found someone already. And besides, your too old to date."

"I'm 20." I replied.

"Exactly." Astrid said before kissing my cheek.