Chapter 11 - Spitfire

V A L K A

I jumped on Cloudjumper and helped Carl and Monica on.

"Follow me," I instructed. "I'll show you where I found them."

Hiccup mounted on Toothless and opened his fin.

Astrid whistled and Stormfly ran out of the cave that is used to enter this big fortress. She mounted on her and nodded her head, signaling she was ready.

I stood on Cloudjumper and held on with my staff, flying out of the fortress. What? You thought there was only one way to enter?

Hiccup and Astrid looked at me, confused.

"Cloudjumper knows another way out. He practically knows every inch of this place. Oh! Look, there's the Bewilderbeast!" I pointed to the big white dragon as we flew by.

Cloudjumper flew out of the fortress and above the water.

"Explain what happened." Hiccup demanded.

"I was flying on Cloudjumper with a herd of dragons behind me, when I saw an island on fire. It was a Typhoomerang who started a forest fire, and Monica was loosing her grip on the edge of a cliff. Carl was trying to save her, but Changewings got in the way," I flew down to an island where the trees were scorched and the grass was black. Cloudjumper landed carefully, and Hiccup and Astrid landed beside us. "One of my Raincutter dragons fought off the Typhoomerang while I flew down to help Monica and Carl."

I jumped off of Cloudjumper and helped Monica and Carl down.

"But then I lost my grip before Carl could save me." Monica said.

"And you should've died." Astrid whispered to herself.

"But how did you survive?" Hiccup asked.

Monica smiled.

"Spitfire." She said.