Chapter 29 - Airmail

A S T R I D

Okay, I'm freaking out. I've got two days until the wedding, and I don't have a dress.

"Mom!" I opened the door to Hiccup's house.

Valka turned to me.

"Did you just... call me mom?" She asked.

"Well, yeah. You're going to be my mom in two days, might as well start now." I replied.

"Oh. Well what is it?" She asked as she walked to me.

"I need a dress. Any ideas?" I asked desperately.

"No, I don't. Maybe Ruffnut has an idea?"

"Wait." I paced back and forth and Valka continued to look at me.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I have a cousin. Her name is... uh..."

"You can't remember her name?" Valka asked, pulling me to the table next to the fireplace.

"Oh! Her name's Ingrid! She's famous for being the only tailor on her island, and she makes dresses for friends and families. I can call her over and I can have her make a dress for me!" I suggested.

"Perfect! We'll send her airmail." Valka said as she wrote a note on a piece of paper. She whistled for a Terrible Terror and she tied the note to it's hind leg. She let it go and it flew out of the house and to Ingrid's island.

"She should be here by tomorrow, give or take." I shrugged.

"Well, that's taken care of. You should get some rest. You're free to use Hiccup's bed, if you want." Valka said.

I walked upstairs and fell asleep in Hiccup's bed.