Prologue - Five Years Ago (Flashback) Part 2

H I C C U P (5 Years Ago)

As I walked to the academy, Astrid stopped me. I looked at her with anger.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just the whole Monica thing." I said as I continued to walk to the academy.

She caught up to me and walked with me.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Astrid. I know I've been really distant lately and it's probably been fun for you because you didn't have to see me with Monica." I took a deep breath and opened the gate to the academy.

Toothless and Spitfire were in seperate cages, and they both purred happily when they saw me.

I walked over to Toothless' cage and opened it, then I walked over to Spitfire and opened her cage.

Both ran out and licked each other in the face. They wrestled for a little bit, before chasing each other around the academy.

I smiled, watching them run around.

"It wasn't fun for me, Hiccup." Astrid said after awhile.

"What?" I asked confused.

"It wasn't fun for me to see you with Monica." She said as she walked in front of me and looked in my eyes.

"But you hate me."

"No I don't." She said, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"But..." I couldn't believe what came out of her mouth.

"Hiccup," She grabbed my hands. "You saved me. And you risked your life for me. Shouldn't I return the favor?"

Then she grabbed my shirt and pulled me in for a kiss.