Chapter 23 - Early Plans

S T O I C K

I turned away from Valka and stared at the dead fire place.

"Hiccup and Astrid are engaged," I started.

Valka turned to me with shock.

"They're... engaged?!"

I nodded my head while smiling.

"Well why didn't anybody tell me this?! Well when are they getting married?! When am I going to have a daughter in-law?! When am I--"

"Valka, Valka, please. The wedding hasn't even been planned yet, much less the honeymoon. And believe me, I want grandchildren too." I said.

Then the door swung open.

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING GRANDCHILDREN!" Astrid screamed as she slammed her fist on the door.

"Babe, calm down." Hiccup grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Figured out your problems, have we?" Valka stepped in.

"Yep. Just misunderstanding of each other is all. Nothing complicated." Hiccup replied.

"So why are you here?" I asked, standing up.

"Looking for you two. I was windering if you could tell me why you saved Monica." Hiccup turned his attention to Valka.

"Hiccup," Astrid mumbled.

"I know, I know, just hang on a second."

"Well, for starters, Cloudjumper couldn't resist to save Carl, and he insisted that we save Monica as well. I didn't know who she was at first, until she told me how she got there." Valka said.

"H-How did she get there?" Astrid and Hiccup asked.

"A Skrill." Valka said.