Chapter 10 - It's A Long Story

M O N I C A

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Hiccup in front of me. He was still the same Hiccup, but... hotter.

"Hiccup!" I ran to him and hugged him.

I could almost feel Carl's anger towards Hiccup.

"It's so great that you're here! It's been so long." I told him, looking into his emerald eyes. I pulled away from him and waved to Astrid, who was giving me a fake smile.

"Your hair, it's braided. Did Carl teach you?" Hiccup asked, looking at the braid that fell below my shoulders.

"No, Valka did." I replied with a smile. I wrapped my hand around Carl's hand and placed my head on his shoulder.

"So, how did you guys meet?" Astrid asked.

"Well," I cleared my throat. "When I was leaving Berk, my mom told me that I shouldn't hang around people like Hiccup. When we arrived at our home island, she told me that there was a kid about my age who said that he wanted to talk to me," I began to blush. "The next morning I was sitting in a tree, watching the birds fly by, and then I was startled by a bird that flew by my face. I lost my balance, fell of the tree, and was caught by Carl. And that's how we met." I explained. By that time, Hiccup and Astrid probably didn't know what I was talking about.

"So, you've been together ever since?" Astrid asked.

"Yes." Carl replied.

"And why did Valka rescue you?" Hiccup asked.

"Oh, that's a long story." Valka replied.

"Let's hear it." He said.