Chapter 22 - Promise Me?

H I C C U P

Trust me. If Astrid were to get mad at me, she would come to the cove where we had our first real conversation. I circled the cove twice until I saw Astrid sitting in front of the cave. I took a daring move, and landed in front of her.

"What's your problem?" I asked her.

"What's my problem? You're the one with the problem! You need to let go of Monica! She's long gone with Carl and I'm sure she's forgot about you already." She screamed.

"Astrid,"

"No, you know what? You can take your stupid ring back! I don't need it, and apparently you don't need me!" Astrid pulled the ring I gave to her off of her finger and threw it on the ground. She whistled for Stormfly and began to fly off.

"ASTRID I HAVE FORGOT ABOUT HER!!" I yelled to her as she began to fly away.

"What are you talking about, no you haven't!"

"Actually I have! I was just concerned about her because she was concerned about me!" I screamed to her.

"Wait, so you were just concerned about her because she was concerned about you?" Astrid asked as she landed next to me.

"Yes." I replied.

Astrid jumped off of Stormfly and walked over to me.

I began to panic. My hands were sweaty and I bit my lip in nervousness.

Will she punch my shoulder, or will she yell at me?

She took my hand and stared at me.

"W-What? Why are you staring at me?" I asked

Astrid laughed as she saw my face turn red.

"You still blush around me?" She asked, taking my other hand knowing it would make my face turn a darker red.

"Pssh, no! Guys don't blush."

"Yes they do. You do."

"And you punch people. You punch boys."

Astrid glared at me, then smiled.

"It's my way of saying that I love you," she said, pulling me in for a kiss.

She pulled away from me and looked at me with a smile.

"Hiccup?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise me you'll forget about her."

"Forget about who?" I said, smirking.

Astrid smiled and she set her head on my shoulder.

I love my Astrid.