Chapter 6

"Y/N!" You heard Shane's voice shout from somewhere behind you, but ignored him as you began sprinting towards the walkers near Dale.

You didn't bother responding to Shane, but you were starting to wish you never gave Lori your knife as you grabbed the walker behind, Dale, by it's shoulders. It's rotten flesh broke apart between your fingers as you threw the walker to the ground and slammed your boot against it's skull.

"Get to the RV!" You yelled, slamming your handgun against the side of a another walkers face.

You glanced over at Dale to find him already making his way in the Winnebago's direction before a very distinct gunshot filled the air causing you to freeze. That wasn't Shane's shotgun and definitely wasn't the noise from Dale's rifle, what the hell?

You quickly glanced around in confusion before you spotted Rick running out from behind a truck on the other side of camp. He was firing off rounds with his Colt Python, but you didn't have time to be relieved about it as the walkers continued coming.

Suddenly an arrow flew past your face landing on the walker to your left and you mentally cursed yourself for not seeing the walker earlier.

"Y/N!" Daryl yelled and you quickly spun around to the direction of the voice as he threw you your assault rifle.

You caught the weapon with one hand, holstering your handgun before you opened fire on the walkers around you, being mindful of where the others were so no stray bullets hit anyone.

You glanced back towards the RV, happy that Shane, Morales and Jim were standing by it, taking down any walkers that got too close.

T-Dog, Glenn and Daryl were now sporting shotguns as well which you figured must have came from Rick's bag of guns. But, you didn't have much time to think about it as you continued firing at the walkers around you before the last one finally dropped.

"Carl! Baby! Carl!" Rick's voice yelled, once the gunfire ceased.

Your eyes frantically scanned the camp, making sure there weren't any more walkers before you turned towards Rick who was jogging towards you, but you quickly pointed to the RV.

"In the RV, everyone is in the RV!" You shouted, watching as Rick quickly stopped in his tracks and turned towards the RV just in time to find Shane opening the door as Carl, Lori and the others slowly walk out before you turned back around and continued looking for walkers.

Once you were sure that the camp was safe for the time being you began walking back towards the RV where everyone was currently standing, all hugging and crying, but you didn't miss Andrea crying over Amy and your heart broke for the other woman.

You quickly did a head count of the surviving group members. Rick, Carl, Lori, Daryl, Shane, Glenn, Dale, Andrea, T-Dog, Carol, Sophia, Jacqui, Jim, Morales and his family, but that was it. The others clearly didn't make it.

"Y/N, are you alright?" Rick questioned, snapping you out of your thoughts as you found him looking over at you worriedly, his eyes staring at the bruise along your cheek.

His arms were still wrapped around his wife and son and you simply nodded causing him to visibly relax, clearly relieved that his family was okay.

You couldn't stand watching Andrea crying over Amy so you turned away, taking a few steps away from everyone by the RV and continued scanning the camp and surrounding woods. It was pitch black, but the full moon provided enough light, lighting up all the dead corpses over the ground, most walkers, but some of your group members who hadn't been so lucky.

"Ya good?" Daryl's voice suddenly asked as you glanced over your shoulder to find him walking over to you and you nodded, slinging your rifle over your shoulder as you turned back towards the woods, just waiting for more walkers to come through the trees, but they never did. "Who did that to ya?"