Chapter 31

The next morning you, Daryl, Sophia, Judith, Rick, Michonne and Tara all made the trek to Kingdom. Tara wanted to tag along because apparently she wanted to live at Hilltop and help Maggie run the community and Rick didn't try make her stay even though everyone was sad that she was leaving.

Tara and Michonne sat up the front controlling the horses while you sat in the back of the cart with Daryl, Rick and the kids. You knew Michonne wasn't too keen on taking Judith outside the walls, but seemed to relax a bit when you said Sophia was going to come too because like hell you were leaving her in Alexandria when everyone you trusted was leaving.

It took all morning and most the afternoon to get to Kingdom, but you eventually got to the community as the tall walls came into view. Apparently it was only an hour or so trip back when they had fuel to run the cars or something, but now it took nearly all day which made sense why Rick suggested staying there the night.

You took in the large walls of the community as Tara and Michonne slowed the horses down in front of the gates and greeted some woman named Diane as she opened them.

Once you were inside the community you could see a man with dreadlocks walking down the street towards you and right beside him was Carol. The two of them looked confused when they saw Tara and Michonne and you knew they couldn't see the rest of you inside the cart as the horses stopped.

Rick climbed out as he grabbed Judith and walked around the side of the cart towards Carol and the man who was apparently named King Ezekiel, yes they had given you the whole rundown about this place and now you understood the name.

"Oh my God, Rick!" Carol shouted and you smiled watching on while inside the cart, not ready to get out just yet as you watched Carol run over to Rick who handed Judith to Michonne before pulling Carol into a hug as Ezekiel patted him on the back.

"Ya alright?" Daryl asked from beside you, noticing you staring at Carol as tears began rising in your eyes. You hadn't seen Carol for years, the last time you had even spoken to her was before her daughter died, she never talked to you for those few days afterwards. How was she going to react when she saw you? How was she going to react when she finds out that you named your daughter after her daughter?

"Hey, look at me. It's alright, I know it's a lot to take in." Daryl said softly as he reached for your hand and squeezed it gently.

"That's an understatement." You replied before Daryl climbed out the back of the cart and helped you out too since you were still recovering from the gunshot wound to your knee.

You grabbed Sophia and put her on the ground beside you, but she immediately grabbed your hand and you knew she was anxious seeing all of this for the first time and you were too.

"How are you alive? We thought you were dead." Carol questioned, after she finished hugging Rick and commenting with how big Judith had gotten as looked between Rick, Michonne and Tara before you and Daryl walked out from behind the cart, his arm over your shoulder as he helped you walk while Sophia held your hand.

"I found him on the riverbank and patched him up. Although, it wasn't the kind of reunion I had been hoping for since he went into a damn coma for a month and nearly died on me, but it worked out in the end." You called out unable to stop yourself from smiling as Carols head quickly spun around in your direction clearly recognising your voice and when her eyes landed on you she had to cover her mouth with her hands as she stared at you in disbelief.

"Who is this lady with Daryl?" The King questioned, glancing over at Carol in confusion before Rick spoke up.

"King Ezekiel, meet my sister and Daryl's girlfriend, Y/N." Rick introduced pointing towards you and the mans face immediately broke out in a friendly smile as he looked between you, Daryl and the little girl beside you.