Chapter 11

Five stopped on the corner of the street outside the lab. He stared out the window and watched 'Lance' walk inside the building. "What are we doing here again? I thought he said-"

"Shhh" Five cut me off. He turned around and pulled out Delores and a bottle of alcohol that was half empty. "Hey, sorry you were in there for so long, Delores," he spoke to the mannequin, "no, I'm not drunk, I'm working."

"Drunk?" I ask surprised.

"Yes it's about the eye thing. This is the place it was made. Or...will be made. We just have to wait," Five explained to Delores rather than to me.

"Are we really going to sit here Five?" I ask. He ignored me and continued to stare out the window.

——

We sat there all day until the sun started to set. I had just awoken from a nap because Luther was knocking on the door. "Five? Five!"

Five julted up after being asleep too. "Y/n, open the door," he said. I sighed and got up, sliding the door in the back open. After much struggle, Luther managed to get inside. He sat behind us in the open area in the back.

"Are you guys ok?" Luther asks.

"You shouldn't be-how did you find us?" Five asks back.

"Um..."

"Hey, baby," we hear from the back seat. I turn around to see Klaus dancing with Delores. I start to laugh loudly on how stupid he was being. "Hey, a little privacy, guys. We're really hitting it off back here." Klaus says.

"Get out! You can't be here!" Five yells after throwing something at Klaus. "We're in the middle of something."

"What? Making out with your sister?" Klaus laughs while I blush. "Any luck finding your one-eyed man?"

"No," Five whispers.

"What's he talking about?" Luther asks.

"Does it matter? It's Klaus," Five sighs, "What do you want, Luther?"

"Um...so, Grace May have had something to do with Dad's death. So I need you both to come back to the Academy, all right? It's important," Luther explains.

"Oh my god nobody cares," I mumble.

" 'It's important.' You have no concept of what's important-"

"Hey! Did I ever tell you guys about the time I waxed my ass with chocolate pudding? It was so painful!" Klaus laughs.

"Jeez, Klaus, keep your personal stories to yourself! And what are you still doing here?" I exclaimed, disgusted.

"What, I need an excuse to hang out with my family?"

"We're trying to have a serious conversation," Luther says to Klaus.

"What, and I'm incapable of being serious? Is that what you're saying?" Klaus asks offended.

"Luther's got a point," said Five, "you should get out."

"What? Fine!" Klaus yells and gets out of the van.

"What the hell are you both up to?" Luther questions once Klaus is gone.

"You should be asking Five, I have no business in this whatsoever," I interfere.

"Believe me, you wouldn't understand," Five says.

"Try me. Last time I checked, I'm still the leader of this family."

"shut up," I sigh.

"Well, last time I checked, I'm 28 years older than you," Five shoots back.

"You know what your problem is?" Luther asks.

"Really hoping you'll tell me."

"You think you're better than us. You always have. Even when we were kids," Luther sighs.

"Yeah, that's because he has a bigger ego than you do pride," I say to Luther.

"But the truth is, you're just as messed up as the rest of us. We're all you have. And you know it," said Luther, ignoring my comment.

"I don't think I'm better than you, Number One. I know I am. I've done unimaginable things, things you couldn't even comprehend," Five snaps.

"Sure you have, Five. Why don't you tell Luther all about how you've discovered a way to talk to plastic mannequins, huh?" I retort annoyed.

"Bite me," Five snaps at me.

"Hey Bitches!" Klaus yells running past us, holding a bunch of stolen items with a police officer running after him.

"Well, I'm gonna head out, you coming with?" Luther asks.

"Five?"

"No, we're staying here," Five decides. Luther shrugs and leaves.

"Are we gong to stay here for the rest of our lives?" I ask.

"Oh, be quite and quit complaining. I thought you like spending time with me," Five said.

"Sometimes I do, but not when I'm a third wheel," I say gesturing towards the mannequin sat in between us.