Chapter 16

All three of us sat in a car. Luther and Five in the front, leaving me in the back. "Where are we going?" I ask before the car comes to a stop. Five unbuckles his seat belt and looks around. We were in the middle of no where, on the side of the road.

"You know, I never enjoyed it," Five sighs.

"What?" Luther and I ask.

"The killing. I mean, I was...I was good at my work, and I...I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure," Five explains, "I think it was all those years alone, without you guys. Solitude can do funny things to the mind."

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you." Luther says.

"You can say that again," I mumble, referring to being alone for 16 years without Five.

"You think they'll buy it?" Luther asks Five, analyzing the huge black briefcase in between them.

"Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." said Five.

"Ok, can one of you please explain what's going on? Five? I feel excluded from this conversation," I ask, desperately.

"Not now," Five sighs. I roll my eyes and lean back in my seat. It's like they don't want to be bothered with me. I don't know why I came in the first place. Maybe to be with Five for a little longer...I don't know.

"Well, I should hold onto it," Luther said referring to the briefcase, "In case they make a move on either of you."

"Ok, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've...I've lived a long life, but...both of you are still young. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it." said Five.

"Yeah, but, you do too Five. Just because you might be 'older' you're still in the same timeline as us. Even if we do save the world, you'd still live as long as we might," I say. Five turns around and looks at me.

"You're right, I guess. But I still...I still think you should worry about yourselves more than me." Five says.

"I couldn't, not after what you've been through," I said shaking my head. Five just sighs and turns around, obviously not wanting to continue the conversation.

"Um, guys? Who's that?" I ask while I unbuckle my seatbelt and stand up as best as I could. I point to a car coming towards us from the other direction.

"Here we go," says Five before getting out of the car.