Chapter 20

"I don't know...yet," said Five, throwing the cup of coffee he was drinking behind him, "But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So, we have to find him and we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" asked Luther.

"I don't know."

"Wait, so you just know his name. That's it?" Diego asked.

"That's enough," said Five.

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in this city," I said.

"Well, y/n, we better start looking, then," answered Five.

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" Allison asked. I looked at Five because he was making noises, like he was in pain.

"Five, you ok?" I ask.

"Harold Jenkins," Five said ignoring me, "You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," said Klaus.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," Diego reminded Five.

"Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth," Five explained.

"The Temps what?" Allison asked.

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space."

"I thought I told you guys all this," I said looking at everyone. They just shrugged and continued listening to Five explain.

"-so I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins'. So he must be responsible for the apocalypse," said Five.

Immediately everyone started questioning him, but I pulled Five aside. "Five, I know that you're so wrapped up in saving the world, but think for a second. You're thinking of killing this Harold Jenkins to save the world, when we have no information at all. Don't you think that's a little stupid?" I ask.

"It's not stupid if we try, Y/n. You can't just expect the world to save itself. We were created for a reason, right? To save people. And if that's our job, then that's what i'm going to do," Five said to me.

"I know, but-"

"There's no buts, y/n. We only have three days. Three days to prevent this. And if you want to play around, then go do that. But I need-we need you," Five said grabbing my hand.

"I never said I wasn't going to help. I just think there's a better way," I said.

"There's no 'better way'. This is the only way, alright?" said Five.

"Do you know this is insane?" Allison asked, interrupting our conversation.

"You know what else is insane?" Five asked, walking back over to where we were before, "Y/n and I look like 13 year old children. Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been. We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died," I pointed out.

"Why is this time any different?" Allison asked, "Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"

"Because this time, i'm here. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people," Five explained.

"All right. Let's get this bastard," I smiled. 

"You had me at Gerold Jenkins," Diego said.

"Harold Jenkins," Five corrected him.

"Whatever. I've already lost two people this week, i'm not losing anyone else," Diego said.

"And Luther?" Five asked.

"Yeah, you guys go. I'm going to stay and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the moon," Luther said.

"Seriously? Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and Dad?" I asked.

"No. 'Watch for threats.' That's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow," Luther tried to lead on.

"No, we all should stick together," Allison said, touching his arm.

"We don't have time for this!" Five interrupted.

"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me." said Diego.

"Yeah. I—I'm good. I think i'll, uh...I think i'll pass, I'm...feeling a little under the weather, so, uh...," Klaus groaned, getting up and walking out of the room. I looked at Five and shrugged.