welcome to camp, dipshit

y/ns pov

unlike every other kid at camp (apart from one who's name I think was dariush) I wasn't taken to camp by my parents, rather they had paid someone from my mums work to take me.

which, quite obviously filled me with joy that my parents cared oh so much about me.

'ey, y/n right? sign in over there to get your cabin number and while you're their you can get signed up to some afternoon activities.' said a camp supervisor whose name tag said 'LOGAN'.

'thanks.' I said as I walked past him and towards the hall that he'd pointed to.

this was going to be a long summer.

I winded my way through the groups of people taking pictures together and parents saying goodbye to their kids until I got to a group that was weirdly large and curved in a horshoe shape.

like any normal human being, I decided to push my way to the front of the group and see what was going on.

'what, the fuck?' I muttered.

it was literally just this little red-headed kid's mum saying goodbye to him for the summer.

and they were, singing?

okay that was a bit wierd, ill grant you, but why is it such a big thing?

'ᵃⁱⁿ'ᵗ ⁿᵒ ᵐᵒᵘⁿᵗᵃⁱⁿ ʰⁱᵍʰ ᵉⁿᵒᵘᵍʰ...' said the mum as she smiled at her kid, trying to get him to do something.

' ₐᵢₙ'ₜ ₙₒ ᵥₐₗₗₑy ₗₒw ₑₙₒᵤgₕ...' the kid murmered in return.

poor kid, he looked so embarrassed.

'ₐᵢₙ'ₜ ₙₒ ᵣᵢᵥₑᵣ wᵢdₑ ₑₙₒᵤgₕ' she replied.

then, as the finale, in unison they both sang.

'to keep me from getting to youuuu.'

if that was me and my parents I would actually die on the spot.

but at least his mum truly cares about him and his safety.

------

once i'd got my cabin number, I went straight to my cabin to put my stuff away.

I punched in the key and stepped inside to find my roomie already there.

'uh hi.' I said to a girl with relatively long, straight, jet black hair that was tied back into two pigtails. she was wearing an outfit that consisted primarily of the colours red and black and had a look of annoyance in her eyes at all times.

instead of saying hi back, she just looked me up and down and continued sorting her bags out.

how friendly.

and I'm gonna have to spend the rest of summer with the same cabin as you.

just. great.