welcome back to Me Crying

'i haven't been totally honest with you guys.' said gabriel, looking at me, 'I was in the mountains because... I was in juvie. and I escaped.'

shit.

he just did that.

fuck.

'so even if my mum is here, she's not gonna wanna see me.' he sighed.

silence followed.

I could see everyone trying to process this, trying to belive that it wasn't true.

but it was - and the looks on everyone's faces were heartbreaking.

I shoved my hands in my pockets and felt my own slaty tears seeping into my skin.

'come on man' said dariush, finally.

the three of them put their arms around gabriel and lead him to the house.

'I'll catch up in a minute' I said.

gabriel looked back at me, and I could see through his tear stained eyes that he was smiling, and goddammit I hope he was gonna be okay.

'I'm so sorry for making you do that.' I whispered, sinking my head into my hands.

'I really hope you're okay'

------

while I was drying my face, a spacecraft flew overhead - its lights surveying the ground, hoping to find stragglers.

I darted towards the other four and hid under some sheets that had been hung up on their washing lines.

it passed over and we jumped out - frightened they spotted us.

'what the hell was that?!' zhenzhen screamed, as both her and I were pushed forwards by gabriel and dariush.

'Follow me.' said gabriel, running through a stone passageway to where - I assumed was - his house.

We ran for a while and slowly made our way into the house.

'oh damn.' said dariush once we were inside, 'man, we need to get my man jacobi up in here'

'it's looters,' sighed gabriel, shutting the door.

'alright, let's get something to eat okay?' said dariush, pacing round the house trying to find the kitchen, 'man, I need a T-bone steak, some cheese eggs and a welch's grape.'

while he made his way into the kitchen zhenzhen and Alex cracked some glow sticks and sat down.

'I'll be back in a minute guys, can I just talk to gabriel for a second first?' I said.

'yeah sure.' said zhenzhen, 'but don't be too long or you'll miss fOoD.'

I chuckled as gabriel followed me into the side room.

'I'm so sorry.' I whispered, pulling him into a hug, at first he was tense but settled into it quickly.

'why are you sorry?' he said, still in the hug.

'because I made you do that. they didn't need to know - it was private.' I replied.

'wait what.' he said pulling away from my embrace and chuckling, 'is that what you really think?'

'yes.' I mumbled.

he laughed and hugged me once again, 'they would've needed to know anyway - I couldn't hide it from them forever.'

after a couple of seconds i said, 'we should probably get back. do t want dariush seeing us hugging and shout so loud the bloody aliens can hear.'

he gave me a small smile and we walked back into the living room.

'hey you guys' said zhenzhen, motioning for us to sit down, 'there's still some food left'

for the first time in a while I felt safe. like I could be me and not have to put up my guard every couple of seconds.

how great is that?
------

a/n

this is probably gonna be the only authors not in the whole book so bare with me.

if you guys need even more gabriel x readers to read, I suggest you read:

@TheTakaT

I've been reading it and it's great! so go check that out!

love you guys to the moon and back💖

~cassi