that was almost a disaster

the bus stopped abruptly as fire and rubble shot into the windshield, penetrating and shattering the glass.

not a single person on the bus wasn't screaming.

'OH MY, SHIT!' yelled alex moving forward, trying to find a way out.

'ALEX ARE YOU OKAY?' shouted gabriel.

'ALEX?' me and zhenzhen cried, wondering if he'd been hurt.

I swear if we lose this kid now i will punch a soldier.

'GET OUT OF HERE!' exclaimed done of the soldiers on the bus - probably the one driving but I didn't have time to check.

'WHICH DOOR IS BLOCKED?' screamed gabriel.

I felt my breathing get faster and faster as my head started pounding.

fuck

I sat down and focused on my breathing.

in through the nose, out through the mouth.

as my headache began to clear, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

it didn't seem forceful, malevolent or hurried.

I looked up, taking my head out of my hands and saw Gabriel's face staring back at me.

I felt a tear escape my eye and cursed myself for letting him see it.

'we need to go, now' he explained, helping me up a so fought to keep back an avalanche of tears that were just waiting to flood my face.

I wiped my face with my hand and let my focus fall to what was happening now and getting out of the bus.

'KICK IT' yelled dariush as gabriel kicked the door off of the bus and onto the street, 'GO! oh shit.'

We jumped out as an air superiority fighter shot bullets right in front of us.

'GO THE OTHER WAY!' cried dariush.

We turned around and sprinted down the length of the school bus.

if we've lost the key we're doomed.

'WATCH OUT FOR THE DOGS!' dariush screamed as a soldier was tackled to the ground by an evil space dog.

ouch.

'COME ON!' shouted Alex whole we raced round tot he other side of the bus.

thank god that kid was alive.

'GO GO GO GO!' yelled dariush before turning his attention to Alex, 'keep your head down man.'

some fighters shot - once again - right next to our heads while we ran to the car with he soldier who had the key in it.

'HOLY SHIT! OH NO!' shouted dariush whne we saw that the car had toppled over on top of the soldier.

'oh god.' I muttered, slowing down as dariush started yelling.

'pick this up with me! PICK IT UP WITH ME!'

'what are you doing?' asked the soldier with as much authority as he could muster, 'you gotta get out of here!'

'were gonna get you out!' said Alex hurriedly.

'Stop! you gotta go.' replied the soldier.

'I can't move it by myself!' dariush pointed out as mor e bullets rained down, only meters away from dariush's head.

'YOU HAVE TO GO!' yelled the soldier.

a small walkie-talkie began to beep what I could only guess was more code just as an explosion sounded being dariush.

'ZHENZHEN GET THE RADIO!' commanded dariush.

'COME ON, WE CAN'T LEAVE YOU!' Alex shouted to the soldier.

'stop. stop.' the soldier calmly whispered, making Alex stop trying to pull him out from under the car and listen.

I didn't hear the rest of what he said, but I could hear Alex, 'no, no, no NO I CANT!'

the soldier shushed him and iw en tback to not being able to hear a thing he was saying.

'STOP!' said the soldier, raising his voice as he handed the key to Alex.

and it's back to being our job to save the world - nice.

'go, nOW MOVE!' yelled the soldier while we ran forward - not to anywhere in particular, just out of the city and nearer to pasadena.

then the car blew up.

shit