im not dumb

'what do yo-' gabriel began.

'I meant what I said.' I replied, 'now go get an ice pack to stop the bruising'

he stated at me shocked for a money but soon turned around to run to the kitchen for an ice pack.

I faced away from he wall of the bike shed and slid down it until I was crouching.

I buried my head in my hands and felt my eyes stinging.

'don't you dare cry y/n' I thought, pressing the palms of my hands into my eyes to stop the tears falling down my cheeks, 'what's done is done and you can't change that - so stop being so self absorbed and stop crying'

I lifted my head up and wiped my eyes with my sleeve, trying to dry them as best I could.

I then took out my phone and - using the reflection in the glass - checked to see if you could tell I'd been crying : you couldn't.

standing up, I brushed the dirt off my clothes just as gabriel came running back.

'sorry' I mouthed,but he didn't see.

just as well - he didn't deserve it.

I turned around to go back round the shed to meet the others.

'sorry I kept you waiting - gabriel just fell over and needed an ice pack.' I lied.

I turned around to him with a glare and saw him nod tot he others.

'that's fine.' said zhenzhen, walking into the bike shed.

'they gave us the code at registration, it's um, 669.' said dariush while we all walked into the shed.

gabriel knelt down to put the code in but looked confused.

'come on man.' said dariush, impatiently.

gabriel kept trying combinations but none of them were correct.

'hurry up dude. come on. it's six six nine.' he said again.

'six... nine...' muttered gabriel - was he listening?

'dude what are you talking about I said 6 6 9.' dariush said, getting annoyed.

'do you want someone else to or-' I said.

'come on, man dude, hurry up. just put it in there - what are you, dumb?' said dariush angrily.

gabriel look directly at him and dariush knew he had crossed a line.

'I'm not dumb'