Chapter 9

Bound By Blood

Chapter 9

Daryl

I was happy I arrived home determined that I was gonna tell Samantha that I love her, I should've told her weeks ago I've known this for a while. I went home to drop off my things, finding Carol home.

"Hey Pookie, glad to see you back safe."

"Can you cook dinner for me tonight something special. I was going to ask Samantha if she wants to be my girlfriend."

"I'm happy for you. Samantha is a nice girl."

"Yeah, too nice for me."

"You stop that, you're a good man and I'm sure that she sees that. Why don't you go pick some flowers for her and I'll make you dinner."

I went outside and picked some flowers and headed over to Aaron's hoping she might be there. Unfortunately Aaron said she's not there so she might be in the barn, I walked over there happy I was going to tell her that I am falling in love with her, I reached the barn door and then I heard it.

"I don't know if I said it last night but I really enjoyed myself it was a fun night. I don't think I could do that with Daryl. That's not something he'd want to try."

What the fuck! I peaked around the corner, seeing what was happening, annoyed I walked away without talking to Samantha after seeing her with Eugene she looks really happy being around him, he suits her better than I ever could, he's smart she deserves smart, I dropped the flowers I had picked for her and headed to the lake. I was thinking of how stupid am I to think she'd want someone like me, but I thought she might've liked me a little, I know she does but now only as a friend. I'm sitting here minding my own business when I heard.

"Uncle Daryl."

"Hey, Judith." As Judith comes up and sits beside me.

"Whatcha doing? Are you okay? You look sad."

"Just thinking."

"About what? I bet it's Samantha."

"No, why would I be thinking of her."

"You like her don't you? I can tell you do."

"No I don't and she deserves better than me. I'm no good for anyone."

"Yes, you are. Have you asked her what she thinks? Maybe she likes you too."

"She's too smart to like me, I'm stupid."

"No, you aren't. I think you're smart, everyone here thinks you are you taught me to set traps I bet no one else could. I bet she does too. She's nice I like her. Mom lets me hang out with her in the shed and I'm her assistant. She thinks I'm pretty good. I gotta go, uncle, I'll talk to you later." As Judith leaves maybe she's right just because I never finished high school doesn't mean I'm stupid I know how to hunt and set traps I bet she couldn't, I should just walk up to her and say now woman listen here I like ya a lot, I wanna see if we could work together.

Judith

I heard what Daryl said, I think he likes Samantha more than he says if he didn't he wouldn't even mention her name that means she means something to him. He deserves to be happy he's always sad I hate him being sad, so I decided that I would do something I went around to the shed where Samantha usually is.

"Oh hi Judith, what can I do for you today?"

"Oh, nothing I was just thinking. I was wondering if we could talk in private."

"Oh okay. Eugene, can you give us girls some space we need some girl time." As Eugene walks out just leaving the two of us alone. "So, we're all alone what would you like to talk about?"