Chapter 39

Bound By Blood

Chapter 39

Alpha

"Oh my darling, you've come and seen me."

"I really shouldn't I don't know if they know that I do."

"If you didn't they'd have forgotten about me and I'd be dead but I'm not because of you, my ladybug."

"I can't keep stealing food Daryl and Sam will get suspicious of it disappearing."

"So, how is your new home? I need you to help me get out of here. They're going to kill me eventually Lydia. I nearly died the last time, I was saved by that guy with the bat but he brought me back here."

"Good they're good people. Mom I can't do that."

"Please I don't belong here caged like an animal." I watch Lydia stand up and leave, turning the light off and as she did I started trying to loosen these chains I've been trying to for the past few months, I tried to break my wrist but I couldn't do it, I need both my hands as I know I will have a fight on my hands to get out of here. I pulled for a while like I do everyday, my hands moved in the darkness to the wall and found the bolts I was so happy I think my smile could've light up this room as it felt loose, I will be out of here soon.

Daryl

My family is settling in nicely after the move to a bigger house and including Lydia to our family, I thought she could use a stable home and Samantha seems to love her like a sister. I'm heading to Hilltop today as they called needing help as they've lost a portion of their wall and need more men. I left my family safe and sound in the house there's no reason for them to leave unless they have to. I kissed my girls goodbye and headed to Hilltop.

Samantha

The weeks are progressing and the twins are growing like they should, Daryl came to me with a suggestion and it meant that we would need to move to a bigger house, he wants Lydia to move in with us, she's been getting harassed by some of the townspeople because of the last attack, they blame her when it wasn't her fault. The council moved us to a five bedroom house which will be good for any future babies as well, I was more than happy for Lydia to move in with us she's a sweet young woman. It will also be easier for us to continue her lessons they are progressing slowly.

"I don't understand anything that you are saying. You're wasting your time I'm so dumb."

"Lydia honey, no you aren't. How old were you when the world ended? I'd say maybe seven it's not your fault that you lost what you learnt in school. But I'm in no rush to teach you we can take this as slowly as we need."

"I should know how to read."

"Exactly when did you get the chance to? You've been outside most of the time. No one thinks your dumb. I don't and neither does Daryl. Everyone else can go jump."

"Why are you and Mr Dixon so nice to me? You moved me in here with your kids."

"Well, no one deserves to be alone, and we like you Lydia. I was more than happy to have you live with us when Daryl suggested it. We thought eventually you might like to be a member of our family. You know Daryl won't let you slip away from us. He'll always keep an eye on you." She smiles at me, and we get back to work.

"Mama bubba." Shawna came up to me and I went looking for the twins, I found them in the lounge room on the floor on the deerskin rug, Winter was starting to get grumpy.

"What seems to be the problem Winter? Are you hungry? You are? Okay mommy will look after you."

I fed Winter and when I finished Willow started crying, I've been lucky that the twins mainly cry at different times for food. I fed Willow then we stopped the lesson and I was making dinner.