Chapter 51

Bound By Blood

Chapter 51

Daryl

I turned the handle and pushed it open, I saw the shocked look in Beta's eyes but I was too slow he grabbed Winter and had her in his arms.

"Put my daughter down and you might just live."

"Your daughter? She'll never be your daughter they'll never be anything like you redneck." He is holding a kitchen knife to my daughter's neck.

"Put her down nice and slowly."

"You put down your weapon and you might just survive don't and your other poor kids will be fatherless."

"You think you can take me? You couldn't before, you won't now." I kicked a table towards him he grunted, I didn't want to hurt Winter I wasn't thinking.

"Is that all you've got asshole?" I was shocked and worried when he dropped Winter on the couch that was here, but I couldn't think that I wanted him dead and I'd die for my kids. I looked around for something else besides my knife that I could attack him with, then I saw the back door slowly open and Negan slips in unnoticed.

"Come at me fucker!" I knew what was coming but I was still surprised by his speed as he ran at me and we both held our weapons, I was able to deflect his knife while mine went into his stomach I dragged it up as I felt the warmth of his blood on my skin. Things were going crazy as I was trying not to get stabbed then I saw Negan behind us.

"Hey, asshole, room for one more?" I saw him kick Beta off me, and then straddling him they were fighting over the knife in his hand as it got close to his eye. "Daryl, help me." I walked over and helped him to push the knife harder, I watched it as it entered his eye he roared as we pushed until it could go no further, I came around and slashed his throat as the light from his eye slowly faded.

"My Alpha."

"Yeah, she's waiting for you in hell. Send my regards." I went over and picked up Winter hugging her. "It's okay darling daddy's got you."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, I think so?"

"Are you okay he didn't get you did he?"

"Nah, I'm so tough if I chewed a hammer I'd spit out nails."

"Yes, you are. Did you want to head back tonight or stay here?"

"We should probably stay here since it's getting dark outside. Then tomorrow we can head back home. Would you like that sweetie?" I asked Winter and all I got in return was a toothless grin from my daughter. I awoke the next day to the sounds of talking.

"So, did uncle Negan make a good bottle? He did thanks. You look like your momma you know that."

"I'll do that."

"Nah we're good we're becoming fast friends. Check out what I found downstairs, a box of Rice Krispies can you believe it, yeah it's dry but still tastes good. So grab a handful and once little miss eats we can be on our way."

We ate and headed off making good time we were halfway home by the middle of the day and I knew we'd make it home by dark that made me happy especially as we haven't had any run-ins with walkers so far. As the sky gets darker the gates of Alexandria came into sight.

"We should take Winter to the clinic so the doc can check her out. Then you can tell your family that you're back safe and sound."

"That sounds like a plan."

We arrived and headed straight to the clinic to look after my daughter. The doctor said he was going to do a routine checkup on her I decided I had to go get my family and tell them I found her.