Chapter 6 - Seriously, Mom!

It's been a week since "The Great Diamond Heist". As the media puts it. My wrists have slowly healed. I still covered them with my jacket. I knew they would scar.

Poison Ivy hasn't shown up in the city this whole week. I was told, by her, that I needed to design my costume. I wanted to make it the perfect outfit. So what did I do? I sketched it a full body suit. It went from my ankles to the edge of my chest. The sleeves went halfway down my arms. An ivy vine wrapped around my body. Vines curled around my legs. I added a tutu like skirt just to add style. I shaded the suit in a light green. The skirt and vine were a dark forest color. A red rose rested on my forehead. Its stem and leaves wrapped around my head. It looked like a crown.

I showed my design to my mom.

"Good." She didn't sound that impressed. "Now make it."

"How?" I asked. "I don't know how to sew."

"Did I make my first costume by sewing? No. I thought of what I wanted and let my powers and plants do all the work."

"Okay." It sounded more like a question than a response. I did not want to a lot use my so called powers. I'm afraid if I use too much, then I'll end up like my mom.

I closed my eyes and thought about my design. How it should feel. How the vine wrapped around my arm to my leg. How the skirt poofed out. I felt my body tingle as my powers flowed through me. After the feeling went away, I opened my eyes.

"It looks amazing," Mom said.

I ran to my bedroom to look in my mirror. It was everything I could imagine. My design was real. From the skirt to the vine. For my shoes, I just thought of a Converse like shoe. The fabric was dark green and the shoelaces were a neon green. The mask was stunning. It was a simple green with leaf engravings. I also had light green, glitter eyeshadow on. My hair was curled.

Guess I can never curl my hair again. I thought. I laughed to myself thinking that my biggest worry was about my hair. I'm not those kind of girls. I love it. I shouldn't love something that has evil written all over it.

I needed a name. I didn't want anything to do with "poison" or "ivy". I looked at the rose on my head.

"Rose!" I shouted.

"What was that?" My mom shouted from her room.

"Oh, uh, just thinking of some names!"

I heard her laugh. She muttered something that was along the lines of "I'll think of something later." I didn't know what that meant, nor did I care.

* * *

I was talking to Olivia in a hushed voice. Class would start soon.

"Do you have the drawing with you?" Olivia asked after I told to her what I did last night.

"No. My mom destroyed it in case someone finds it," I explained.

"Oh well."

"I bet you'll see it soon. I've got a feeling Poison Ivy will be back. Mom kept talking about a big scheme she's been wanting to show me. Apparently, it would 'change Gotham forever' as she puts it."

The liquids in the science beakers started to ripple. Then the ground started to shake. Some kids started screaming.

"Is it an earthquake?" Olivia asked.

"I don't think so. We aren't near any fault lines. You never know in Gotham," I explained. Another rumble.

The principal came on the intercom. "Students and staff, remain calm and walk to the courtyard."