Chapter 24 - Damian Isn't The Only One That Has Bird Brains

Someone who doesn't live with my mom would think she was excited when he asked for her hand in marriage. In reality, she was acting. I don't know how she knew, but she knew she was getting married.

Married to Bruce Wayne.

"Yes!" she exclaimed.

Everyone started clapping with join. Even Damian, Tim, Jason, and Dick. That I couldn't believe them. It was getting really hot in the big room. Too many people, I kept thinking to myself. The clapping and excitement didn't help. I ran out of the room. Well, it was more of a fast walk because I couldn't run in my heels. I took my heels off and started sprinting down the hall. I ran outside. Outside was a beautiful rose garden. It was brightly lit so I could make out each color. I ran until I thought was the center of the garden. I pulled a yellow rose close to me without picking it off. I rubbed my finger over the thorns. It hurt and I felt the warm liquid of blood spill out, but I didn't care.

"Eva!" Damian started running to where I was. I saw the Jason, Tim, and Dick follow farther behind him. "Why are you crying? You should be excited!"

"Excited! Excited! How could I be excited?" I screamed.

"We can be a family."

"What is wrong with you! You know who she is! You know what my mother can do! What changed!" I plucked the rose. I started rubbing the rose up and down my fingers. I didn't even feel the pain.

They all seemed to be smiling over the news. My eyes became watery while all of theirs seemed to be glossed over. I think I was balling like a little kid.

"Is it the same for you guys too?" I asked the past Robins.

"Is what the same?" Dick asked. "We're happy Bruce is finally getting married."

"What?!"

"Eva?" Damian said in a voice that almost sounded like he was scared. I looked over at him. His eyes were glossy anymore. They looked normal.

Tim, Dick, and Jason shook their heads. "Oh, God. What happened?" Jason asked.

"I think, I think Poison Ivy happened," Tim answered.

I felt Damian grab my arm. He touched a spot. I flinched. I looked down. My arm was bloody and full of scratches. I did that, I said to myself.

"What happened?" Damian ordered.

"Do you not remember any of it?" I asked.

"The last thing I remember was your mom coming up to us. That's it."

The others nodded in agreement.

"Bruce proposed to my mom, she said yes, and I ran out here. They the four of you showed up all excited that there would be a wedding."

"And the scratches?"

"I ran into a couple of rose bushes," I lied.

"Can you explain to us how we got unbrainwashed?" Jason asked.

"That's not a word," I corrected him.

"Whatever. Just explain it."

"Fine. I don't know."

"You don't know? Your her daughter for Christ's sake. You should know."

"Jason," Dick said in a stern voice, "take it easy."

"I want to see what she's made of," Jason complained.

"You do realize you're pretty much in my territory, right?" I said with a little sass.