Chapter 7 - I'm Psycho

As soon as I got home, I stomped down to the Batcave. I knew my father would be there. He had a lot of explaining to do.

"Who is she?" I asked. "How did you know she would be here? Poison Ivy should have been in prison long ago! So why is she and her daughter active now?"

Father sighed. He was out of his Batman suit, and he was sitting in front of the supercomputer. "Fifteen years ago, when Dick was Robin, we stopped Poison Ivy. She was pregnant. We didn't know. After she had her child, she was let go on one condition. She was to never show up as Poison Ivy nor was her daughter to be turned into a villain. For the past fifteen years, no one had heard from Ivy. No one even knew she was free."

"You did! You could have stopped Poison Ivy fifteen years ago. You could have kept her locked up!"

"And risk her child turning into something like her? Her daughter could have grown up to become someone better than Ivy."

"But she's not like her! Plus, Ivy can still be planning things for her daughter. I need to know. Do you know who Poison Ivy and Poison Oak are underneath the mask?"

"Yes. Yes, I do know."

I had a guess at who it was, but I didn't want the guess to be true.

"Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley is Poison Ivy." Father continued. "That would mean Poison Oak is—"

"No! She's not Eva! She isn't like that!"

"How would you know, Damian? You've only known her for a week. The day she came her I took a blood test. It matches her mother's. And she has hint of poison in bloodstream."

"I've seen the way she talks about her mother. The day at the museum. She didn't want to be there. And today, I don't think she wanted to be called Poison Oak. She isn't like her mother"

"If she didn't want to be at the museum, why did she let herself get caught? Why did she go? She could have easily disobeyed."

I thought about what my father had said. Was she really like her mother? Could she really want all this? No. Something was up, but she isn't like that.

"You aren't going to turn her in to the authorities."

"I wasn't planning on it."

I gave him a weird look.

"I just need you to keep a close eye on her. Make sure she doesn't do anything."

I put a frown on my face. "Can't I just watch her from afar?"

"No. You said so yourself. She isn't like her mother. Maybe she'll let you be her friend. Besides, you need friends, Damian."

"I have friends."

"I mean friends from school. Try to be like kids your own age."

"Kids my age don't go around fighting crime."

"One person does. And she goes to your school."

I glared at him. I couldn't believe he was making me do this. I mean, sure Eva is kind and all, but I'm not going to school to make friends. I didn't even want to go to school. I was content with just homeschool.

"This is so stupid," I muttered as I walked away.

~Eva's POV~

Today was awful. Of course Poison Ivy would show up. Of course she would make an image I never wanted.

I got home later than usual. I stayed after school to help clean up some rubble that was around the school. I slammed the door shut after I walked in. "Poison Oak!" I shouted.