Chapter 2 - Planning Sucks

"I'm sorry, you want me to do what?" I asked my mom. She explained the plan but I was still trying to process it.

She signed, "It's a simple plan, really. Tomorrow after school I'm going to steal a diamond that's being displayed in the museum. You're going to be there and parenting to be researching for school. I will steal the diamond and take you hostage which will make it a even bigger chance for Batman and Robin to show up so that they, and all of Gotham, can see I've finally returned."

"Okay. . . What made you want to get back out? It's been years." I asked.

"Well it's about time that you join me in the villain life. Before that, though, you need to see me in action."

"Okay, if you say so."

She glared at me, "Do you not want to join me?"

"No not really. I mean, being all evil is a good thing for you, but it doesn't suit me."

Right after I finished speaking a vine wrapped around my neck, "Listen, I'm not asking you to join. I'm telling you, got that?" There was anger in her voice and frustration in her eyes.

All I could do was nod my head yes. It was getting hard to breath, let alone talk.

"Good," the vines dropped and I starting coughing, "now go to your room. I've got to prepare for tomorrow.

I went to my room and called Olivia.

"Hello?" I heard her say.

"Olivia, major problem!" I explained what my mom wanted me to do and what she did when I said no.

"Wow." she said once I was done, "Eva what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I mean, I don't want to use my powers for something like that. If I don't, though, then I don't know would could happen."

There was a brief silence then Olivia finally said, "Just say you have homework or something."

"Like she's going to believe I have homework every night." I said sarcastically, "If all goes well tomorrow, I have to be with her every night."

"Well I tried," there was some sounds on the other end, "Sorry, I gotta go. My dad needs me."

"Oh okay, bye."

"Bye," we hung up.

I stayed in my room the rest of the night. I only went out to get a microwave pizza. I took that to my room to eat. As you can tell, I don't have the best relationship with my mom. Let's just say that wasn't the first time she choked me.

I kept thinking about tomorrow. If all went well I could use my powers in public, it would be used for evil purposes but still.

I eventually went to sleep.

I woke up at 6:30. Today was the day. I showered and blow dried my hair. I put on my school uniform, a Burberry like skirt, and a grey shirt. There's a red colored jacket that we can wear whenever. I brushed my teeth, put on mascara and lip gloss, and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my backpack and a granola bar and walked to the bus stop.

I got to school and saw girls and guys talking, the usual. I walk to my usual spot, a bench near a small tree, and go talk to Olivia. We were talking when I heard a bunch of squeals. I looked up and see a circle formed. I walked over and saw the girls crowded around Damian.

I rolled my eyes, "What a surprise."

"I know right. Must be nice being famous," she pretended to sigh, leaned against the tree, and put her head over her for head like she would faint, "Alas, we will never have that kind of attention."

I laughed. "If I ever become famous, I will make it my duty to not be in the middle of the circle."

"From what your mother is telling you, it sounds like you will be famous soon."

"You mean infamous. I could never be famous, in that way, if people fear me."

"I guess. What will you wear tonight?"

I gave her a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"Eva, you're going to get rescued by the Batman and Robin. You got to look nice."

I laugh, "I'm just going to wear this. I'm going there right after school."

"Fine."

The bell rang. "Bye, see you later."

"Bye."

For the first time ever, I did not want school to end. It was just my luck that the school day goes by fast. Before I know it, the last bell rings and school is out. I walked real slow out the door and down the pathway. I pulled out my phone and got many messages from my mom. . .

8:45
Be at the museum by 4:00

11:23
I found an abandoned warehouse to take you too.

2:18
You better be there or you know what will happen

3:00
Stand by the diamond so I can get you fast

She's so demanding

I walked over to Olivia. When she sees me she asks, "You ready?"

"Ready for what?" I heard someone say from behind.

I turned and saw Damian, "Well I, er, have to do to this really important project for art." Yeah. That's a good school related lie.

He stares at me for a second. "Oh really, where? I can take you." I think I saw him smirk.

"The Gotham City Museum."

"Let me talk to Alfred, my butler, and see if he can drop you off." He walked off to his limo that was parked near the street.

Olivia had a big smile on her face. "Did he just?! And did you just lie?!"

I sighed, "Yes. And sadly yes." I don't like to lie. I only really lie if my mom gets mad or if I need an excuse as to why I have bruises on me.

"This is huge!"

"I know. I don't lie!"

"No, not that. Damian Wayne just asked if you needed a ride."

"Oh yeah. That too I guess."

Damian came back over, "You can come. Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I turn to Olivia, "Bye Olivia."

She was smiling big. "Bye. Tell me how it goes!"