Chapter 25 - I Learn The Truth

I did the most idiotic thing I could think of. With Jason still on me, I closed eyes and made my body limp.

I pretended to pass out.

~Damian's POV~

"Look what you did, Jason!" I yelled. I forcefully pulled Jason off of Eva. I heard a slight breath come from Eva as I flipped her on her back. That's when I figured out she was acting. Two can play at that game.

"How was I supposed to know she would pass out? Normally, people don't pass out when I do practice with them!"

"I knew this was a bad idea," I muttered. "I need a bucket of water."

"I'll get it!" Tim said in the background.

A few moments later he came back. A little splash on Eva.

"Why'd you bucket? You just need a wet rag," Dick asked.

"So I could do this. . ."

Before I could pour water on Eva, she sprang up. She somehow grabbed the bucket without me noticing. I noticed what she was going to do, however. She tried to dumped the water on all four of us. I backed away and got a drop. Tim and Dick barely got any. Jason got most of it.

"You were faking?" he asked.

"Yeah. So?" Eva said. "Gotta fool the enemy."

"The enemy? And you!" Jason pointed to me. "You knew she was going to splash, didn't you?"

I shrugged. "It was really easy to figure out. I'm surprised none of you did." I love to make them feel dumber than me. It's my specialty.

Eva let out a yawn. It was weak and fake. "I'm gonna go to bed."

"What about my uniform!" Jason shouted as Eva walked away.

"It'll dry!"

"I expect you to pay for the damage!"

"Jason," Dick said, "let it go."

"Yeah!" Tim gleamed. "You can't get mad at Damian's girlfriend!"

"She's not my girlfriend!" I shouted. It echoed through the cave. "I'm going back to the party. It's better than being here." That was something I'd never thought I'd say.

I walked upstairs, my Robin suit coming off. I came out of a bookshelf on the opposite wall of the grandfather clock. I started wandering around. Parties weren't usually my thing. But I wanted to be away from Jason, Tim, and Dick.

I kept getting stopped by people congratulating my father and Pamela. I just nodded and said I was happy that he found someone, even though I wasn't happy.

"Damian, can we talk?" Pamela stood in front of me and smiled.

No. "Sure."

"I know I'm not your birth mother, but I want to be a mother figure in your life."

Block out what all she's saying. I thought. I could almost hear her charm while she spoke.

She bent down and touched my arm. I looked her arm in disgust. "I will do everything I can be the mother in your life."

"I already have a mother," I said monotone.

Her smile faded. Instead, she glared at me. "I know that. Obviously she's not here to take care of you."

"I'm doing just fine on my own."

"You arrogant child."

"Thank you." I smiled and walked away.