Chapter Eight

We're back. Sorry you guys had to wait so long. I just had school. Last Monday of school! Woo-who!! Anyways back to the story.

——————————————————————

"Well," my dad explains "we need to talk."

"About What?" I ask my voice cracking.

"About you and Sophie." Lila says.

"Oh. How do you know about that." Suddenly I regretted the words the second they came out of my mouth. Oh course they knew about it. That's why Edaline was here earlier.

"Edaline came over earlier and told us what happened." Danle explained.

"Are you okay honey?" Lila asks scooting her chair over to give me a hug.

"I don't know. I'm really sorry." I tell them.

"It's ok." Lila reassures me.

"We didn't want to talk so much right now because it is super late, and you have school tomorrow. We are going to talk about this later okay?" Danle asks.

"I guess." I mumble.

Saying goodnight I head upstairs to get ready for bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I fall into a deep sleep from the exhausting day.

* * *

I wake up in a rush. Quickly I jump into the shower. Let's just say I broke the record on quickest shower. I got dressed. And put my hair in two French braids. I put on a little make-up. Not too much cuz I was rushing.

    When I was finished getting dressed I grabbed my satchel and ran down stairs to grab my breakfast on the way out. I grabbed my path finder and leapt to foxfire.

    When I got to foxfire I realized I was a little early but not too much. I quickly spotted my friends but didn't head over to them. I didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. I was still mad at Sophie.

    Instead of going to my friends i decided to head into the amphitheater and wait for orientations. To my luck as soon as I got there Magnate Leto was just glittering into sight. I mostly zoned out orientation, but heard the part about the dance.

    "And lastly, the foxfire ball is coming up this Friday. I hope you are all excited." Magnate Leto finished, glittering out of sight.

    I quickly went to my locker to get my books so I wouldn't be late to class, and to avoid my friends.

    I opened my locker to grab my books and saw a scroll. I opened it and it read:

    Ms. Kendal,
         We have decided to switch your alchemy class.

    Yesssss. I thought. I didn't really like alchemy because I was horrible at it. I read over the scroll again, and found more. What! It read:

    I have decided to give you telepathy instead of alchemy. You will be having telepathy with Fitz Vacker and Sophie Foster.
                                                     -Magnate Leto

    "Great." I grumbled to myself.

    "What's great?" An all too familiar voice asked.

    I grab my books out of my locker and look up. Great, I think.

    It is...