Chapter Twenty

The day flys by pretty fast. I don't pay attention in most of my subjects, because all I can think of is the dance that's coming up in two days. TWO DAYS! Annnd Olivia. I have been preparing for this for one day now. And I hope I'm ready.

    Hey you ok? Fit's crisp accented voice fills my head, in the middle of study hall.

    Yea. I'm fine. I lie.

    Soph. We all know that most of the time when you say that your fine, you don't actually mean it. Sooo wuts up?

    Ugh! Why do you have to make such good points? I grumble.

    HaHa! Very funny. Your not getting out of this. So how about you answer my question. Fitz transmits teasingly.

    Finnnne. I'm just... worried. The dance is coming up in two days and first of all I don't think I want to go, and second I don't have anything to wear if I do go. And then on top of that I have Olivia. I have decided to apologize to her. But, what if she doesn't accept it?

    Well if anything, I think you should go, because... well... I'm going. Soooooo, Sophie Elizabeth Foster, will you go to the dance with me? Fitz asks.

    Yes! I transmit loudly. Sorry.

    There's nothing to apologize for. Ok next, I'm sure Biana will take you dress shopping. So don't sound so excited for that. And also about Olivia. She has wanted you to apologize to her for a while now. It may not work out perfectly but it will be good enough.

    Thanks Fitz. That really helped.

    Anytime. He responds smiling at me.

                    *               *               *

    After study hall was over I head to the leapmaster and leap home to change into more comfortable cloths. Grady and Edaline must be distracted because they don't acknowledge me when I come in the house.

    After I get changed,  I head up to the leapmaster.

    "Mom! Dad! I'm going to Olivia's!" I shout from upstairs before I have the light sweep me away.

    Once I get there I walk to the front door and knock.

    "Hey Aunt Lila." I say.

    "Oh hey Sophie. Come on in." She greets. "What are you doing here?" She asks.

    "I came to talk to Olivia." I explain.

   "Olivia! Someone's here to see you!" Aunt Lila called. "You can head on upstairs.

    "Ok mom!" Olivia responds back.

    "Thank you." I say as I Head up the stairs. When I reach her room I knock.

    "Come in." Olivia says.

    The door creeks open and I walk in.

————————————————————————

    Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. The picture that you see above is a glacier. I took a lot of pictures of it because I thought it was cool. AND IT WAS SUPER CLOSE! As close as you see in the picture. This glacier was in Juno (I forget how to spell it), Alaska. Juno, Alaska. See ya next time. 👋