Chapter Nine

I grab my books out of my locker and look up. Great, I think.

    It is...

Dex.

(Ha! Betcha didn't see that coming!)

"Nothing." I reply anger in my voice. I slam my locker closed (which cause a few people to turn their heads), and stormed off to my first class. Alchemy. Or I guess now you could say telepathy.

I really didn't want to have anything to do with Sophie. Or Fitz. But here we go. Before I know it I reach the classroom and knock.

"Come in." I hear Tiergan say. I enter and find Sophie and Fitz already there. They look up and just.... stare.

"Ahhh, Olivia. Here you are. Please, have a seat." He says motioning to a chair next to Sophie. I sit down.

"Let's get started shall we?" Tiergan asks.

No one responds though. We're all dead silent.

"Ok. I had something different planned for us today, but I changed my mind. Let's speak what's on our minds. I know your all thinking something. How about you go first Fitz." Tiergan suggests.

"Umm ok." Fitz responds. "Uhhh I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm just waiting for something to happen. Sooo ya." Fitz explains. I can tell he's not telling us the full truth.

"Sir Tiergan, he's not speaking the whole truth." I blurt out before I can stop myself.

"I'm sorry?" Fitz asks. I can hear the anger growing in his voice.

"I said your not speaking the whole truth. I can feel it from here." I growl.

"Ok that's enough. Fitz it's ok. You don't have to say what you would not like to. As for you Olivia, please calm down." Tiergan says.

"Yeah." Fitz mumbles, probably thinking no one can here him, but I did. I glare at him.

"Sophie how about you go next you are being very quiet." Tiergan insists.

"Huh?" Sophie asks. "Oh. Ok. Ummm I'm just trying to sort things out. That's all."

I narrow my eyes at Sophie. There's something she's not saying. I wish I could just sneak into her head but I'm in enough trouble as it is.

"Ok. Olivia your turn." Tiergan says.

"I don't really know how to say what's on my mind." I say truthfully.

"Oh ok that's fine. Now that everyone has explained things a little I will give you your activity for today. I was going to have Fitz's and Sophie do some of their cognate training but plans got changed. So I would like Fitz and Sophie to do their training but Olivia will be observing it."

Yes! I think to myself. Wait- "Can you explain that a little, please?" I ask Tiergan.

"Oh yes of course. All three of you will enter each other's minds and Olivia you will be observing Sophie and Fitz thoughts as they are doing their activity." Tiergan responds.

"Thank you." I respond.

"Of course. Now let's get started, shall we?" Tiergan asks. We nod our heads. "Perfect. Enter each other's minds."

(In this Fitz is bold, Sophie is italics, and Olivia is underlined)

I'm in.

I'm in.

I'm in.

"Perfect. Now Sophie and Fitz I would like you to share one memory of each other that you have admired and share it with each other. And Olivia I would like you to observe it and tell me anything interesting that happens. Got that."

We all nod in unison. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Fitz and Sophie blushing.

So how do you want to do this? Fitz asks.

I don't know.

Do you want to go first?

No.

Ok then. Everyone ready?

I guess.

Yea.

Ok. Fitz says. Sophie and I sit there until the memory pops up.

It's Sophie Dex and I at the seasons tree. Dex and I had just gotten carried away and Fitz came running over to Sophie. He was feeling worried, sad and excited. It's weird to see it in his perspective. You can feel everything he's feeling. Especially for an Empath.

He reaches Sophie by now and picks her up. Cradling her in her arms.

Yuck. I think not realizing they can here me. Sorry.

At the end of the memory the bell rings and I race out of the classroom, determined to get to my next class and away from Sophie and Fitz.

By lunch I am exhausted. Mentally and physically. I decide to grab my food and head out into the hallway. Avoiding my friends.

Third person
All seven friends grab their lunch and meet at their usual lunch table. At first no one notices, or is too afraid to say anything but then keefe speaks up.

"Hey where's Kendal. Eh, maybe she's dead." Keefe jokes, flashing his famous smirk.

"She Was in our telepathy." Fitz explains obviously not happy.

"What's wrong Fitzy. Didn't get to spend time alone with your girlfriend?" Keefe asks. Fitz blushes and glares at keefe while keefe smirk just widens.

"Ya. I wonder where she is. I haven't seen her all day." Linh says.

"I wonder if she's ok." Tam adds.

"She's probably fin-"

"STOP!" Sophie shouts standing up and running out of the cafeteria.

Sophie runs out and looks for Olivia. Then she finds her sitting on the floor and runs up to her.

"Olivia.........I'm......tired......of........this." Sophie whines panting for breath.

"Your tired of this?!?" I ask standing up.

"Yes I am! I'm sorry ok? Can we forget about this?" Sophie's pleads.

"No I want a sincere apology. Not an apology where your tired of this and fake a sorry!!" I yell storming off to the leap master and leap home.

————————————————————————

Yay another chapter done. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. Please vote and comment. Until next time. Byyeeeeee!!