Chapter 15 - Ice

"Tell her you can't fix it." I say as Bullet looks in the hood of the car

"But I can fix it." He replies

"I'm sick of watching my kid and her mom ride around in this piece of shit that's broken down four times, that I know of."

"Fine, but if she finds out I'll sell you out." Bullet says

"Tell her you got a friend at the junkyard who can give her a good deal, make up a number and I'll give you the cash to give to her."

"You really care about Imelda huh?" He smirks

"I care about my daughter and my daughters mother. You're telling me you'd let Indigo and your baby ride around in this piece of shit?" I ask and he sighs.

"You've changed a lot these past few months." He smirks and I roll my eyes as Imelda walks towards us.

"You coming to the club?" Socket asks as I sit at the bar

"No, I've gotta help Imelda tomorrow." I reply as I finish my beer

"When does she get her property cut?" He asks

"She's not my old lady."

"I guess not, because even the guys with old ladies aren't as pussy whipped as you, at least they are allowed to go to the club sometimes." He smirks before heading out.

I've been to the club maybe twice since I found out about Isla, but I can't bring myself to take a girl home. I remember Imelda, a couple of months ago after we got over the awkwardness in the beginning we took Isla to the beach and we were just sitting there laughing when it came to me. I really did treat her like shit and I'm so happy she gave me another chance to make things right.

A few drinks at Scars with the guys can't hurt. I climb on my motorcycle and make my way towards Scars. I'm heading through town when I catch sight of some one in the window of the restaurant. I turn around and pull up, it's Imelda. She's sitting with some guy laughing as they eat together. She didn't tell me she was seeing some one, has he met Isla? Imelda and I agreed if we met some one we would talk to each other before they met Isla, I thought she was worried about the girls I used to sleep with, I didn't think about her meeting some one.

They stand up from the table and he wraps his arm around her waist as they walk out into the parking lot. He opens the passenger door of his car and helps her inside before going around to the drivers side. Before I can stop myself I start my engine and follow them out of the parking lot. I hang back so they can't see me, they're heading for her apartment. I park up around the corner and duck into the shadows as I watch them walk up to the door of her building.

I can't hear what they're saying as they stand under the light, then he leans in and kisses her. Luckily the kiss had about as much heat as an Alaskan winter. That's not how you kiss a woman like Imelda, if it were me I'd have her body pinned against mine as I devoured her, holding her exactly where I want her, leaving her begging for me to take her upstairs and make her see stars.

Wait, I can't think of Imelda that way, she's the mother of my child and we agreed if we were going to make this work, we need to be friends. This shit just got even more complicated. I scrub my hands down my face and when I look up she's opening the door, he tries to follow her and thank fuck she stops him. She goes inside and I smirk at the disappointment on his face as he walks back to his car.

"I can't afford any of these." Imelda groans as we walk through the car dealership, the club buys all their vehicles through this guy, so I know we'll get a good deal. Her cell buzzes for the millionth time and she rolls her eyes as she reads the message, but then doesn't reply. Hopefully she's blowing off the asshole who thought he'd got lucky last night.

"What about that one over there? It looks cheap." She says pointing to an old piece of shit at the back

"It's cheap because it's a pile of crap. These are the safest for Isla, we'll work something out." I say and she sighs

"I just can't afford them Isaak."

"Well Isla and I had a discussion this morning." I say and she smirks at me

"I gave Isla some money for her birthday and do you know what she told me? She wants to buy a car with it. I tried to talk her out of it, but she's pretty sure, said she wants this one right here." I say as I slap the hood of an SUV.

"I told you I don't want your money." She groans

"It's not my money it's Isla's and she'll be very offended if you don't take it. You need a car and you'll help me relax if my I know my girls have a safe car." I reply

"Fine, but know that I feel uncomfortable about the whole thing." She sighs. I pull her into my arms and kiss her forehead

"Come on, lets test drive this bad boy." I say as I release her, take her hand and pull her inside.

"Man your cell is busy today." I say as it buzzes again

"Oh it's just Nat, will you grab it for me?" She says as she drives the SUV. I pick up her cell and read out the message

"Just give in you slut and have a party. What does that mean?" I ask and she laughs

"It's my birthday a week after Isla's and now Isla's party is planned she's trying to do something to make up for last year." She replies

"What happened last year?" I ask

"I had a week old baby that refused to sleep, Natalie was working, my sister was away so I sat home alone with my screaming new born and had a complete meltdown about becoming a single mom. So because I'm turning thirty Nat is determined to get me to party." She shrugs

"I'm so sorry you were alone." I reply as I place my hand on her thigh

"Don't worry about it Isaak. You're here now and you've convinced me to let you buy me a car I can't afford." She laughs.