Chapter 24: A Warning

Man, I love the new Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. I love Palutena! She's so awesome and is also my favorite character to use! ^.^ Well, time for a switch in the story. Its time for a different point of view again. It will switch back to Sapphire during this so don't worry. Also, there is something that I could explain in this but it'll be explained in a future story possibly. Well, enjoy! ^.^

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did I choose to let her go by? She's our enemy after all. Then again if she couldn't beat our Boss then she couldn't even defeat me. Probably, but then again she could be stronger than we think. I looked at Espeon and Ninetales who were in their Poke Balls before I started started walking into a different tunnel. My thoughts were a mess. I needed to talk to someone else other than my Pokemon, but who? I continued down the long tunnel until I heard a voice that made my heart skip a beat.

"Something's on your mind again isn't it Courtney?"

"Blaise?"

I looked up to see him leaning against the wall.

"I know something is but I'd rather you tell me so I don't have to read your thoughts myself."

I took deep breath and answered,"Its Sapphire again. There's something about her that makes me worried for Team Magma."

"I figured. I know how you feel."

"Y-you do?"

He just nodded his head.

"Why is that?"

"She's not willing to trust anything I try to tell her. I've been trying to warn her but since its me she refuses to listen."

"Well maybe if you weren't in Team Magma and you didn't try to kill her-"

"Hey! I didn't mean to do that and you know it!" He snapped.

He seemed angry at what I said but then he seemed to calm down.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. She'd probably hear you out on the warning but not me."

"True..."

Just then I felt the ground start to shake and then crumble underneath me. It was an earthquake! Was it because Groudon was awake or something far worse than that. The ground crumbled underneath me and I started falling. I grabbed Swellow's Poke Ball but I dropped it when a rock almost hit my hand. I then felt something grab my arm and I looked up to see Blaise. His Swellow held onto his shoulders and with his free hand he held out the Poke Ball I dropped. I grabbed it and sent Swellow out who grabbed onto my shoulders and lifted me up.

The tremor stopped along with the falling rocks and I looked down to see a giant, wide, deep hole in the ground. Good thing Blaise saved both Swellow and I otherwise we would've been history. Both our Swellow flew us over to the edge the hole where they set us down. We then both returned them back to their Poke Balls and then Blaise turned towards me and said,"I'm glad I was able to save you. I don't want to think about what would've happened to you if I didn't."

I felt a wave of gratitude towards him but I then realized that I shouldn't feel that way to him so I decided to say something instead of a "thank you."

"I could've saved myself, and you know that!"

"With what other Pokemon?"

"With my Volcorona or Espeon of course!"

He looked at me and then just closed his eyes and smiled his shy smile.

"You say that but you don't really mean it."