Chapter 12

He looked much older than how she remembered him to be, his hair is more gray and he has an additional amount of wrinkles around his eyes to what he had previously.

Besides that, he hadn’t changed and Camila recognized him completely with just a simple glance.

Everything around her seemed to be frozen as the two stare at one another in silence, neither of them knowing what to say or how to react at the reality of actually being face to face after all of the years spent apart.

Her heart was racing rapidly and she was sucked into an unknowing daze as to why and how he was stood before her as though nothing had happened and everything between them would be how it used to be.

But to her things aren’t that simple, questions were flooding into her mind and she was utterly confused as to why he is suddenly stood before her.

Tears uncontrollably make their way down her swollen and puffy cheeks, her chest painfully squeezing and her throat growing tighter despite her desperate efforts to stay calm in this situation.

Camila releases a short breath from her nose and silently wonders how she happened to visit her mothers grave on the same day he is.

The man takes a slow step closer to her and due to her instincts, she steps back to keep a reasonable distance between the them.

A look of guilt and devastation washes across his face and Camila could feel her heart slowly beginning to give in at the look of sorrow in his eyes.

He left her, he ripped out her heart and was the main reason why her family fell apart but she could still see that he was the man that she grew to love and admire when she was younger.

She can see in his eyes that he wishes to explain his sudden disappearance and the reasons to why he left her, Sofia and their mother.

However, a continuous feeling that is held in her chest screams at her not to give him a chance, as in the end she will probably end up getting hurt again.

She shakes her head slowly,
“I can’t do this daddy” she whispers before quickly standing up and running as far away from the place as fast as she could possibly do so.

Her mind is an absolute mess and soon enough, she finds herself banging on the front door of Dinah’s house as loudly as she can.

Camila needs Dinah right now, she needs to relax and be able to take her mind off of things for once in her life.  Her body needs to be overcome with calmness and she needs to let go of all of the pain and suffering that consumes her body at all times. 

Dinah’s mom answers the door after a couple of minutes, baby Regina wrapped up tightly in her arms. “Smelly girl!” the small girl squeals in extreme excitement and Camila can’t stop herself from smiling at her infectious happiness and humorously adorable personality.

She takes the tiny girl in her arms and kisses her cheek, silently sharing a knowing look with Dinah’s mother who glances at the teenager in worry.

She steps aside and takes Gina away from her arms, allowing her to go and find Dinah who is alone upstairs.

“Cheechee, who is on your party list tonight?” Is how Camila greets her best friend as she bursts into the fairly large bedroom, pouting at Dinah who just turns to her with amused raised eyebrows.