•3

ΞEDITEDΞ

Y/n's POV

"Jimin?"

I looked at him in shock. What's he doing here? I want to punch him so bad. I want to kill him, but not in these conditions. Meet him, Park Jimin... My high school boyfriend and also... Jinae's Appa.

"Y/n? You're here?" He asked in disbelief. For a second I thought I saw a glint of happiness in his eyes, but I ignored it. "Thank you so much, young lady. Here please take this 5,000 won." The old lady thanked me before leaving and glaring at Jimin.

I bowed at the old lady before turning to my cart and sigh. "Wait!" He stopped me. I stopped in my tracks but I didn't turn around. "Can I stay at your house?" He asked me and I stood there in silence, thinking. Should I let my ex-boyfriend -the one who left me alone when I needed him the most- stay at my place?

"Please Y/n. I have nowhere to go.." He begged, I turned around and see him on the ground, kneeling down. His head hung low and his soft sobs were heard. "Fine," I said, maybe.. He changed?

---

On the way home, it was quiet. No one dares to let out a sound nor to speak. Only footsteps and crickets can be heard from our surroundings. The paper bag on my chest was letting out a clanking noise because of the can of tomato sauce I just bought from the store. Suddenly he stopped his steps, while I continue walking.

"I'm sorry."

He said it. The words I've been waiting for, for almost those past years but now...

It's too late. His apologies mean nothing to me anymore. Even if he begs for forgiveness, I will never EVER forgive him. He ruined me. Left me. And then he came back and wants me to accept his apology? Hell Nah, girl, I might be a stripper but I will have an attitude when I want to. I'm those type of girls that easily forgives people. I am a hard nut to crack.

I laugh. I laughed until my tears came out and I was kneeling on the ground. Should I just put him in jail? Like right now? Oh, I will, you'll see. I will kill him right now, but with what? I could do it at home, but no. There's Jinae, maybe... The woods? Nah, I'm scared of the forest.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked me in disbelief. With that, I stopped laughing and glared at him. "You think, I'll accept your apology just like that?" I asked him, walking towards him step by step as he steps back each time. "What is this? Another bet of yours? Guess what? I won't be fooled anymore. I've had enough of you! Why did you suddenly come back?! I'm fine without you here! I've finally healed my wounds and now you're here to what? To put salt on it? Or to tear it open again?" I said through gritted teeth as I let out all of my frustration at him.

It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest. I still want to punch him that's for sure.

"Y/n.. It's not another bet... I-"

Before he could finish his sentence I raised my hand, "Save it! You're lucky I still have a heart and let you stay at my house. Where's your house huh?! Let me guess, your friends bet you to sleep at my house then at midnight you'll ask me to fuck you again?" I gave him a stink eye.

"It's not a bet Y/n.. I'm literally homeless.." He confessed making my eyes widen. Hold up, he's homeless? He was basically rich, he was the richest boy in our school and now after like what, four years, he's broke?

"H-ho--"

"My parents died in a plane crash two years ago. The mansion that we had was confiscated by the bank. I  couldn't do anything. You know that I have no siblings. All of my uncles, aunts, and cousins are abroad. I don't know how to contact them. I have no phone, no money, no home... I have nothing.." He said hanging his head low. The story made my heart clench. He's just like me.. A lonely orphan. But no. He's not going to sneak into my heart again. I'll let him stay with me and that's it. No strings attached this time.

"You can stay at my house permanently until you find a place and a job," I said in a monotone voice. He looked up and smiled at me. He came to me and hugged me. "Thank you.." He replied. We continue our way back home with small chats and storytelling.

---

"I have a spare guest room on the corner next to my room and--"

"Mommy!"

Just as I finished putting everything in its place, Jinae came running out of the room hugging my leg. "Hey, sweetheart. Why aren't you asleep yet? It's late." I said pushing her thin hair strands away. "I got scared watching a dragon movie. So I thought I'd wait until you go home and sing for me." She reasoned while pouting. I smiled. "Go to bed now okay? Mommy's going to--"

"Mommy is that Daddy?" She suddenly asks making my face red just like my can of tomatoes that I just bought. "Oh honey, what are you saying? He's just, uhh.. A friend of mine I bumped onto," I tried to reason. "He is not your friend mommy, I saw him in your albums, mommy. Hi Daddy!" She said waving excitingly at Jimin. She then runs to him and hugged him.

"You're home! I've been waiting for you, Daddy. Why did you leave us?" She asked with a pout on her face as she hugged Jimin's leg. "Jinae, Don't bother him. Go to bed okay?" I asked trying not to just bury myself in a hole and stay there for the rest of my life eating carrots and drinking my own pee.. Okay, drinking my own pee is too much, but it could work.

"But mommy--"

"Now."

She sighed and ran to our shared bedroom.

"Let's go to the kitchen..." I said and he nods.

"Is she... Our daughter?" He asks carefully. I gulped. Why does my daughter have to be smart? That's a good thing yet a bad thing at the same time. What if she learns about sex when she's underage?!! Fuck that's bad. Okay, back to the topic. I sat on the counter while he stood almost a meter away from me. "Is she our Y/n?" He asked again.

"Yes.. She is."

He looked at me in sadness. "How old is she?" He asked again on the verge of tears. "She's 4," I answer truthfully. I closed my eyes. Silent tears were out and so does his. He scoffs. "Those 4 years why didn't you tell me that I had a daughter?!" He yelled. I snapped my head at him. Oh, he has the audacity to yell at me in my house? Oh, this man really is asking to be killed.

"Oh! So you're mad?!" I asked him jumping down the counter. "Yes, I am! I could've helped you back then! We could've raised her together and she would've had a happy life!" He snapped back. "You! How am I supposed to know you're in Korea when last time I met you, you said you were moving to Canada?! Who changed his phone number just so he can't be found by his lonely girlfriend?!" I yelled, jumping down the counter to point a finger at him. But he has different plans when he grabbed my wrist and cage me between the counter and him. He whispers in my ear,

"I didn't move to Canada..."

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me~